Motel 6 - We'll turn the light off for ya...

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Motel 6 - We\'ll turn the light off for ya...

So, I finally have the "opportunity" to travel on business. I Check into Motel Six - turn on every light to make the room look a bit less dingey - plug the headset into the cell phone - lay back on the bed to make a phone call - and POOF! the room is plunged into total darkness... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif except for the PALight which is on the nightstand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif already providing a soft glow on the ceiling. There's also a five watt Nuawi on the nitestand, a Photon 3 around my neck, an Inova X5 in the breifcase, and a few other lights in the car.
I am one happy camper, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gifand my poor GF is on the phone listening to me laugh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Maybe this story belongs in "Cheers and Jeers", but I thought my fellow flashoholics might appreciate the tip.
They didn't keep the lights off for very long, but I truely appreciated the gesture. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Motel 6 - We\'ll turn the light off for ya...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

rodfran

Enlightened

Hey Stainless,Some make fun of us flashaholics, until the lights go out. Then, they are glad we are there. Always be prepared!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought you were bringing your wireless laptop with you. I guess you didn't get my email. I knew what highway you'd be on so I called in a favor with the Secretary of State's office and they co-ordinated with the State Police to ask the GridGuys to power down that vein.

I'm glad you enjoyed the event. Please extend my apologies to the 37,000 people that didn't.

Got yer back, man.

- Jeff

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder if the flashaholic to "normal" ratio is close to 1:37,000? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike