Saw my first SEGWAY (Pic)

brightnorm

Flashaholic
FF_segway_122_1.jpg

I saw my first real-life Segway just a few minutes ago, ridden on the sidewalk by a well dressed man who seemed to have no problem adjusting to pedestrian traffic. The maneuverability of the thing is amazing. At one point he came up behind an older couple who were walking pretty slowly and suddenly stopped; he stopped too and remained motionless until they noticed him and moved aside. I wasn't able to detect any of the body motion that he used to control the device,it must be pretty subtle. I realized I had a big smile on my face watching this thing but when I walked fast to get closer to him (I was on the other side of a fairly narrow street) he accelerated down an empty stretch of sidewalk and I lost him.

Brightnorm

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool... is it just me or does the one in the picture have a flat? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The one in the picture looks like it has a flat to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I saw a couple of Segways last summer, but they and their drivers were across the street and going the other way, so I didn't get a very good look at them.

Avix

Newly Enlightened
we saw a local cop on one last week, damn near got rear ended by the guy behind us watching the cop. and we're just a small town, hopefully the cops will start complaining how un wheel friendly the city is now...

I wonder what our "chroncaly underfunded" PD paid for it?

JOshooter

Enlightened
I saw several at a local sportman's show. TechTV also had a story about a guy who mods them for offroad.