REV2Arc4+,good, bad and ugly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all, I have a REV1Arc4+ to compare with.

Since it took me soooo many tries to set the RFS to OFF, the switch is well tested, I hope, although I like the feel on my REV1 better. I did manage "somehow" to get into the Semi-Momentary Tactical Mode which I didn't want. I couldn't turn it OFF at first so I figured one way was to RESET it. I left the battery out for five minutes, no reset! I left the battery out for seventeen minutes and it still didn't reset to defaults. It finally struck me what I was doing wrong and I turned OFF the RFS/Semi-Momentary Tactical Mode.

A "very" quick check with my light meter showed no increase at all but to be fair, it was done quickly!

Now the bad part, the HA on the REV2 compared to REV1 and I know that it's not considered a defect by Arc's new policy. I've read what Peter said about the pocket clip holes needing to be chamfered but there doesn't appear to be much if any HA at the bottom of the knurling on the tailcap plus there are chunks missing. The HA/knurling on the head and battery pack is perfect aside from the tapped holes. There are spots on the bezel nut too. I got a spare bezel nut to replace one I burred on my other Arc4+. It has spots of missing HA too! I thought that the different shades of HA on my REV1 looked kind-of bad, it looks perfect compared to "this" REV2. Too bad the HA is so much of a problem! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I like the knurling on the head, it's gives a better surface to grab pulling it out of a pouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.