Could have sold my Arc AAA for $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gave a friend an Arc AAA some time ago. A repairman was at his house and in need of a light and my friend hauls out the Arc. The repairman was impressed and wanted one so when my friend enquired to me, I gave him the Arc website but told him they were back ordered for at least a month. I said I had one extra but didn't want to sell it because there was a possibility they might never be made again. Today at work my friend tells me he thinks the repairman would have given me $50 for my spare (which happens to be an LE) but I said no, I still didn't want to sell it. I only have two of the suckers.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
Gave a friend an Arc AAA some time ago. A repairman was at his house and in need of a light and my friend hauls out the Arc. The repairman was impressed and wanted one so when my friend enquired to me, I gave him the Arc website but told him they were back ordered for at least a month. I said I had one extra but didn't want to sell it because there was a possibility they might never be made again. Today at work my friend tells me he thinks the repairman would have given me $50 for my spare (which happens to be an LE) but I said no, I still didn't want to sell it. I only have two of the suckers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I wouldn't sell an Arc AAA for $50. There is the chance that they won't be made again, so I'm keeping all of mine.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm. I wonder what Ray will be asking for that AAA in B/S/T if it doesn't "make the cut"?

Peter

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
This is pretty crazy. Man, people are really wanting the AAA. I think I will keep my spare around...
I don't think that Peter will stop making the AAA...it is just too good of a light. They are just sold out and backordered and everyone is freaking out... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nightgaunt said:
They are just sold out and backordered and everyone is freaking out... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the concern is over the legal situation and conflict with company(s) that was elaborated in other threads. For example, if these issues cost Arc too much, some posters think the AA/AAA could be discontinued.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or for the ability of another machine shop to make them properly without drawings.

[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
I think the concern is over the legal situation and conflict with company(s) that was elaborated in other threads. For example, if these issues cost Arc too much, some posters think the AA/AAA could be discontinued.

[/ QUOTE ]

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
357: "I think the concern is over the legal situation and conflict with company(s) that was elaborated in other threads."

It's strange that this certain company is on Arc's case and not Gerber/CMG. For all intents and purposes, the CMG Ultra-G AA is identical to the Arc AAA save for cell size.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If it's legal for Arc to manufacture the AA (and not the AAA), it must be the machine shop(s) issue that's the stumbling block right now.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
Wow, up to $63 as I post and for a regular too, not an LE. Still won't put my LE up for bid. Lots o' Luxeon lights abound now but nothing close to the Arc AAA.

[ QUOTE ]
clarky said:
you still could, plus some
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16037&item=4125994099&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And the highest bidder is this_is_nascar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Hmmm, I have an LE lying around... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Randytx

Newly Enlightened
new to this board. Start with a dumb question. Anyone knows who may have the AAA in stock?

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
I'm sure that Peter will do the best he can to keep his company alive and pushing new technology forward all the time.

My Arc 4+ is now obsolete as new Arc 4+ are 10% brighter... You don't see big company improve their product that quick.

Worse come to worse, if the Arc goes down, someone on CPF will reverse engineer the Arc AAA and will make a batch with dimmer switch on them!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the seller, omega50 a cpfer?

[ QUOTE ]
flashlight said:

And the highest bidder is this_is_nascar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Hmmm, I have an LE lying around... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Randytx

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. I've seen those. Ok I realize I could do a search, but I'll take the lazy route. What is compatible to the Arc AAA an I mean in size and output?. It could be a AA as long as the dimensions permit it to be on a keychain. TIA

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The triple AAA CMG Sonic is the closest. To CMG's credit I will say it does work and is initially bright as an Arc AAA but the Arc is more compact, machined better and gives a longer output per battery. You can pick up the CMG Sonic at certain brick and mortar outdoor stores though, and is cheaper then an Arc AAA.

[ QUOTE ]
Randytx said:
Thanks for the reply. I've seen those. Ok I realize I could do a search, but I'll take the lazy route. What is compatible to the Arc AAA an I mean in size and output?. It could be a AA as long as the dimensions permit it to be on a keychain. TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what Gerber has up it's sleeve in respect to the Sonic? Hopefully, they shrink down the new Infinity Ultra (rearward switch) and make an Infinity AAA.

Meanwhile, I wait for the AAA to go back in production... if not, my problem for delaying the purchase. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif At least I have an Arc AAA with red LED to live on the keychain, and AA for the lanyard.

Like you say, hard to explain how to get one of those AAAs when the future is in doubt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
CPF'er's are bidding $63+ for non-LE Arc AAA's??? Wow and yikes. I'm very tempted to offer up my spare one and maybe even my main one. I got a couple of CMG Sonics during the TTS closeout and am currently not EDC'ing an Arc (a Spyderco Jester supplemented it on my key chain and then I swapped out the Arc for a Photon II to keep the keychain size reasonable).

What's with the new Infinity Ultra? The Sonic already has a rearward switch. The upcoming change sounds more like the Ultra will become like an AA version of the Sonic, than that the Sonic and Ultra will both change. I bought several spare Ultras against this possibility.

The Sonic is a perfectly ok light btw, just not as insanely wonderful as the Arc.

I wonder if Countycomm still has a stash of AAA's in their shorts... this might be a mutually beneficial time for Peter to cut a deal with them for their remaining stock if they have some.

Status
Not open for further replies.