Multi-Forum Ethics

Which bin preferred

• Only do it when you absolutely have to.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't do it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF is my only flashlight forum. Period.

I do frequent two airsoft forums though. This is the first time for me, dealing with this issue, so I thought I might ask it here.

Is it appropriate and ethical to post something twice, but on two different forums, that are part of two seperate sites? Is this spamming or double posting or just trying to get a good answer? You tell me.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illy, dood
you should have asked one of the mod!!, not taking poll from the general member /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just look at the posting policies on the top of any page and you will see:

[ QUOTE ]
7. Double and Cross Posting
DO NOT post the same thread more than once anywhere on the board. DO NOT post a thread whose sole purpose is to link to or refer to another thread on the board, whether it is yours or someone else's. You may look at this as just a few k's of text bandwidth but if everyone does it, we're back to total disorder as to where topics are. Not to mention completely skewing searches. And those "few k's of text" really do add up! Double and cross posting will be edited and/or deleted by the moderators and administrators.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Bill

Greta

Flashaholic
Aaron... if you're talking about posting the same thing on two different SITES, then go ahead! I do it all the time! I take stuff from here and post it on other boards that I visit if I think it's interesting or amusing or whatever. Just don't post the same thing twice on CPF. That's all I ask.