Turnaround time for repair/replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR2Spyder

Newly Enlightened
My LS has been back at ARC for two weeks, can anybody tell me how much longer it might take to repair? This is my first ARC light; bought though LEDLight.com and it didn't work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

fuelblender

Enlightened
ARC received my LSHP on the 20th of April, I spoke to Merri by phone that day and she said I would get it in maybe 2 weeks. At the time I also ordered (verbally) an ARC LSHP-F and she said it could be 5 or 6 weeks before they are available so, depending on if they send everything to me all at once or not, I could be in for a long wait. Hope you're not.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on the light. If it is an AAA product, think 2 months. If it is an Arc4, 1 week. If in doubt about your return, drop us a line!

Peter

kaseri

Enlightened
Yikes..two months for my AAA's..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

matt_j

Enlightened
Honestly if every company had the same customer service as Arc does I think BBB would be out of business. Example:

Small type-o created a mistake on my shipping addy. I called fedex and cleared it up. Morons at fedex still screw it up which is nothing new. I call Arc talk to "the man", he calls Fedex and gets stuff straighten up. We have a small chat about ARC4 and instead of giving me a run around, typical corporate bs he tells me how it is, what the problem may be and what he is goign to do to fix it in case problem occurs. I don't want a run around. I want solutions. So in my honest opinion when Arc says they are on top of that I belive them and trust them.

Matt

MR2Spyder

Newly Enlightened
It's an LS1 123 battery twist tail only switch.

I did send you an e-mail Peter last Friday (copy below) no reply yet.

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 9:57 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: Warrantee?

Hello Peter,

I'm checking on the status of my ARC-LS (LS1-3071). Now that you have had it for two weeks I'm hoping it (or a replacement) will be coming my way shortly.

If it is necessary to replace rather than repair it and if, since you no longer manufacture this model, you do not have a comparable replacement available, an "upgrade" could be a possible solution with an additional cost that would keep either of us from "losing".

Thanks, anxiously awaiting your product in my pocket.

John Scott

Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 7:55 AM
To: Scott, John
Subject: RE: Warrantee?

Hello Scott. Thanks for your email. Yes, our products have a lifetime warranty. Please send it to the address below for repair or replacement and include your shipping address.

The model you are referring we stopped manufacturing over a year ago. LEDlight.com has not bought from us since last year so their stock is old.

Arc Flashlight
1835 E. 6th Street
Suite 21
Tempe, AZ. 85281

--
Peter Gransee
www.arcflashlight.com

s2k

Newly Enlightened
it took you guys so long to repair?

i sent back my LSH-S back for repair last year, Merri sent me a new one within a few days!

the same problem happened on my LSL-P yesterday so i've sent it back (that LSH-S was lost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

i really don't want to wait 1 month for repair....

MR2Spyder

Newly Enlightened
Called ARC, found out that my LS1 will need to be replaced and that will happen as soon as they have a chance to build a replacement. None "on the shelf".

So it seems that turnaround time has increased a bit but I would much rather wait a while (it's not like I don't have any other lights...) then see ARC try to expand to meet all the recent demands and either loose control of quality or costs. I look forward to buying more of their lights in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.