Best Way To Mod CMG Infinity?

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, origionaly I was going to mod the Dorcy AA, but I have been to 3 Targets and 3 Walmarts and NON of them have them in stock! And I'm getting these infinities for cheap anyways so here goes...

DarkZero, your mod was excelent! I'm still a little lost as to the best way to mod one of these things..

For example, is there a circuit out there yet than can drive something like a R/O Lux I off 1 AA? What does the FireFly use?

If not what is the best way to cram 3V's into this light?

I was thinking bore it and CR2? or CR3 cut in 1/2?

Appreciate any input, I want to achieve max brightness with good efficiency, so I'm thinking R/O would be my best bet, or perhaps Cyan or green since it is percieved brighter?

I should have 3 dead units I picked up cheap I would like to make 1 R/O 1 Green and one Lux III Blue or White.

For tools I have access to a dremel in my garadge or I might be able to talk someone into letting me use a drill press.

Thanks guys, just trying to get some ideas in advance...I need some circuit suggestions.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you got 3v to a R/O then you need no boost circuit... If not then a MM 400 would do fine from 1.5 i would assume with the low Vf of the led!

A green or Royal Blue one would be awesome! Definaly to green luxIII one...

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok 2 more questions,
Where is a good place to purchase CRV3 Cells?

Would a simple resistor serve it's purpose here?

I'm thinking 1 Lithium AA or NIMH AA and a Boost might be a better solution for the R/O

And perhaps save the CR3 for the White/Blue Lux III's?

what MM or BB should I use for the Lux III + CRV3 setup? Would I not want a MM 350 for the R/O + Alkaline/Lithium/NIMH AA setup Isaac?

Edit: Another thought, How much boost do the stock CMG's typicaly provide, and would it be enough to typicaly drive a Red/Orange?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the real <font color="cyan"> CYAN</font> colored ones. But those are hard to get you usually end up wiht that traffic light green ones. Green luxeons are pretty neat, allthough in a large bright torch they can be irritating to the eyes. That's why I think one in a small CMG ultra would be an attention getter and pretty cool.