EverLed owners............??????

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a white EverLED from LEDSupply. have many of you had bad luck as far as the luxeon lottery goes with the EverLEDs??? im just afraid im gonna be SOL on a $40 bulb if i get a greenie or something.

stringj

Newly Enlightened
Over the last two months I have ordered and received 1 white EverLED and two white "diamond" versions of the EverLED. All three have been very white.

Jerry

P.S. The "diamond" version is for negative center post polarity. Thanks BrightGuy!

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
stringj said:
Over the last two months I have ordered and received 1 white EverLED and two white "diamond" versions of the EverLED. All three have been very white.

Jerry

P.S. The "diamond" version if for negative center post polarity. Thanks BrightGuy!

[/ QUOTE ]

crap! does this mean that the one i just ordered won't work in my Rayovac Valubright lantern???????? i mean i know that the one i just ordered has reverse polarity protection but is it simply not gonna work in my Valubright????

kubolaw

Enlightened
I've purchased five Everleds, and they all have been very white and bright. This was over a period from many to a few months ago, but the lack of greenies indicates to me that they have pretty good quality contol (or that I've been very lucky in this particular Luxeon lottery).

John

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The one I received for evaluation was also almost a pure white, with just the slightest hint of green in it. The green tint is only visible when comparing it with other Luxeons; when used by itself, it really does look white. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
i have 4... all white or white/blue

had 1 die after about 1 hour

had 1 where the side emitter cap has come undone from the led itself

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:
Mine have been white, too. Is your Valubright positive polarity to the bulb tip?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll have to check on that...........

Stefan

Enlightened
4x4Dragon, you mentioned it was a lantern? Sorry to say, but I haven't come across a lantern battery that has (+) positive terminal in the center. Unless you are going to rewire the whole unit, its not going to work.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have the red, amber and blue everleds. They are just too much fun to play with! You get to have cool new lights whenever Energizer, Rayovac, etc. come out with a fun new design. They all get regulated led power!

gwbaltzell

Enlightened
Only have one, but it looks very white to me. Even compares well with direct sunlight. Only hint of green was when I took a photo using it as a light source and forced daylight balance. Wish my X0 looked as white.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stefan said:
4x4Dragon, you mentioned it was a lantern? Sorry to say, but I haven't come across a lantern battery that has (+) positive terminal in the center. Unless you are going to rewire the whole unit, its not going to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

noooooo!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

what do i gotta do to rewire?????