Need help accessing Paypal

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a bogus Paypal e-mail awhile back. When my girlfriend clicked on the link we were unable to access the real paypal site. I think it disabled a plug-in file. Anybody know what plug-in I need to access the paypal site?

I don't know anything about computers accept to turn it on, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

raggie33

*the raggedier*
hiya tim maybe it some secuty plug in but i dont do paypal

raggie33

*the raggedier*
alsom maybe it is ya secuty setting,s i wish i knew more i tyyied google with no luck

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

when I type in www.paypal.com I get the above message

raggie33

*the raggedier*
did ya check ya securty streng tim? may also a tempory fix is install mozilla.but im not sure if that will work either i nevr saw that problem before

raggie33

*the raggedier*
also maybe try deleteing cookies but be warned ya will have to reenter ya passwords and etc etc

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that I saw a reminder last night that PP would be shut down last night from 11:00 PM until 3:00 AM today.
Try it again.
mut

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assume that your browser is working for other locations (such as CPF).

So--click on START, RUN and type in (without the quotes)"cmd" then type the following (without quotes):

"ping www.paypal.com"

and

"tracert www.paypal.com"

You should get something like:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
C:\>ping www.paypal.com

Pinging www.paypal.com [64.4.241.34] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 64.4.241.34:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\>tracert www.paypal.com

Tracing route to www.paypal.com [64.4.241.34]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * ^C
C:\>
</pre><hr />

It looks like my provider (earthlink) has turned off ping and trace route--but that is OK, it can be a very helpful set of tools to diagnose networking problems.

But, in any case, I still resolved PayPal's IP address (at least for my computer) as 64.4.241.34

Look at what your address resolved to... If it is the same as mine, then you are having some other problem. If you get some other number--take a look at your "hosts" file using NOTEPAD. Search for it (should be under a windows/system type directory--not the one under \i386 directory.

If you find any entries for something like "www.paypal.com 123.213.78.64" -- delete it. It is pointing you away from the correct web site. (you may need to make the hosts file not "read only" to edit and save the file. Note, typically, you will only have this entry "127.0.0.1 localhost" in your hosts file.

Next, try typing PayPal's IP address "64.4.241.34" (without quotes) directly into your browser's URL box--see if you get any father.

Another good way to see if you are having network problems only to PayPal's site, try a proxy server. This site is free for the first few minutes and is very handy for trying to see if a site is accessible from elsewhere on the internet:

http://www.megaproxy.com/

All I can think of for the moment.

-Bill