SureFire L5 LUMAMAX

matt1987

Newly Enlightened
hello, does anybody have the L5 LUMAMAX flashlight? my flashlgiht friends told me that i should consider a LED light as they are much better than BULBS.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
A review courtesy of Mr. Craig John son the LED Museum

Click this for L5 review

You will get varying opinion about LED's vs. incandescent bulbs. I think its comparing apples and orages, they are two different things in terms of construction.

I have a few 5mm LED lights (Ultra G, Arc AAA LE, Inova 24/7, etc. etc.) and one Luxeon star LED (Pelican M6.)

They do run for a long time and the LED's don't blow out like bulbs, but my LED's don't perform like my incandescents. When I need sheer power of throw and side spill I reach for my Tigerlight.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
matt1987 said:
hello, does anybody have the L5 LUMAMAX flashlight? my flashlgiht friends told me that i should consider a LED light as they are much better than BULBS.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are getting an LED flashlight for the first time, I would recommend buying an EverLED drop-in, which can replace the incandescent bulb in any PR-base flashlight. It's a lot cheaper than the L5, too. And while the best incandescents (Streamlight, Surefire, Pelican, etc.) will outshine any LED, the EverLED will still beat the pants off the standard incandescent lights that you typically find in retail stores.

JediKnife

Newly Enlightened
What is an EverLED and could you elaborate on the "PR" base (such as which lights have the PR base?)

JK

matt1987

Newly Enlightened
hello, i don't have a maglite and i won't even want to buy a maglite. as bulky and HEAVY like a bomb.. but i do have a Pelican M10.. any ideas for my M10 to become a led light?

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C and D sized Maglites do use PR bulbs, but they are by no means the only flashlights that do. There are many smaller, lighter flashlights that use them, including many AA sized lights.