Just got a Princeton Tec Attitude.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a decent 3 LED light, good eneogh for night time, close up chores...even walking around in an unlit backyard. At 19.99 it was a good buy IMHO. But just like the natural flashaholic i am, i want MORE. Can this be outfitted with MORE LEDs or even an LS LED? It runs on 4AAA, but i'm sure it is regulated somewhere in the LED head unit. So without the head unit, this baby can be run at 6V.

P.S. this is a GREAT flashlight to carry around with an E2. The reason i bought it was to prevent me from using my E2 in situations that do not require that much light. So now...i don't have to worry so much about buying 123 batteries.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>P.S. this is a GREAT flashlight to carry around with an E2. The reason i bought it was to prevent me from using my E2 in situations that do not require that much light. So now...i don't have to worry so much about buying 123 batteries.[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point is, you are supposed to use your E2 for EVERYTHING. This light is too much. Just use it for everything. If you think you are going to spend $$$$ on batteries, just remember it just cost you $20+ for a NEW flashlight, with or without batteries, so you can use it when your E2 is too much. (?) Just use the E2. This thing goes everywhere I go, now. Just like my 710 or SERE 2000, or LM ST200, or Fisher Telescoping pen, or Swiss Army watch. The E2 is the balls. It may eat up the batteries compared to other torches, but it is worth it. You can buy 123 Lithiums for $2.50 each now in quantity. That first batch would have cost you $30, but you would have had them for over a year (6 sets) in a magnificent light.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Komondor,
Kinda off topic but I saw in your post you have a Fisher telescoping pen. How do you like it? I have the bullet pen but like the looks and gadget value of the telescoping pen. What's the dimensions?

Clint

D

**DONOTDELETE**

LEDAgent - I also have a Princeton Attitude & like it. If you want a really bright light and don't want to buy batteries, get a Streamlight Stinger (rechareable) damn bright--- I've been recharging my battery for 3 yrs and it still works well!!!!
wink.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Komondor. Also off topic, whats a LM ST200? The rest I know.
P.S. Ultra Stinger on the way to me now.
grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
If you want an LED light as small as the ATTITUDE but twice as bright try this:
(My mini-review)

INOVA X5

SIZE: 4 5/8" x ¾",
WEIGHT: 3oz (with batteries)
LED'S: 5 (white)
POWER: 2 x 123
CONSTRUCTION: metal (aluminum?)
WATERPROOF? - YES
COLOR: Black or "aluminum"
PRO: Very bright and small
CON: Less peripheral beam spread than some other lights

Easily pocketable, waterproof, sleek and very sturdily built with a futuristic appearance. (See Kogatana – 10/19/01) Available in black or "aluminum" color. Definitely The brightest LED light for its size that I've tried. Gets very warm to the touch, but maintains excellent brightness for 4-5 hours. After 4 hours of steady burning it was still as bright as the Attitude or the LW 2000 with fresh batteries. It can easily be operated with one hand, and is the light I always carry on my belt, in preference to all other
LED's (until the LS comes out). (Note that the beam pattern has somewhat less peripheral spread than some other lights)

This is an every day carry light for me, along with my Asp Taclite which gives me the best combo of super-bright spot and very bright long burning LED that I've found. Both these lights are belt carried in flap-closeable nylon holsters.

Regards,
Brightnorm

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah..but at the price of the Inova @ $50+, you might as well and wait for the Arc LS to come out. Besides, i just needed somthing CHEAP to accompany my E2. Until the Arc LS is in my hands, the Attitude will stand in it's place.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
LEDagent,

I figured when you said you wanted "more" the Inova would fill the bill. But you're right, it ain't cheap, and the Attitude is a great light. Here's the mini-review I wrote after I got it:

*PRINCETON TEC ATTITUDE
SIZE: 4 ¾" x 1" (Bezel and body width) x ½" (Body "thickness"
wink.gif

WEIGHT: 2.5oz (with batteries)
LEDS: 3 (white)
POWER: 4 x AAA
CONSTRUCTION: Plastic
WATERPROOF? - YES
COLOR: Translucent black, etc.
PRO: Bright and small
CON: Light spill-back through translucent head

The attitude is probably the best and brightest small all round everyday carry alkaline-driven light. I would be wearing it on my belt right now if there were no Inova 5X. It's at least as bright as the LW 2000 (though it won't burn bright as long) and it is very light. There is one design flaw: The translucent body permits annoying light spill-back where the body flares to meet the bezel. This can be cured by wrapping it with black plastic tape. Princeton Tec really needs to attend to this issue. If you also happen to have a P Tec Rage, another solution is to transfer the Attitude's LED assembly into the Rage which is physically identical but is solid black.

Best regards,
Brightnorm
shocked.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

As far as voltage regulation in the Attitude, it's pretty basic: a 15 Ohm resistor. It still gives a much flatter light curve than the "direct drive" 3-cell lights, however. The Attitude is my tertiary backup light for caving - it fits into the sleeve pocket of my coveralls. It has succesfully resisted long-term water immersion, mud (about 1000 different kinds, from clay to slime), and impact. Great light and made in USA!

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Were can I find the Inova 5x I tried searching on Google and came up with nothing.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
yes yes yes yes i've succeded in doing just that do a search for blast ls or something like that (yes i am full of myself . why not? i made the smalest cleanest litest strongest ls mod that switches too!!!!)you will need a resister or somthing and an incand module icarry mine every day with superdead bats in my rage works great tell me what you think, please