No Z57 clickie on the latest E2E or E2O!

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Just received my first E2E-HA, in the newest package. That is the long red and black box, with the plastic window in the top. I was hoping it would have the Z57 clickie tail cap, like the newest E1E-HA. NO JOY! Still has the Z52 lock out tail cap.
oldgrandpajack

EDIT: Received the newest Surefire E2O, Saturday. It also is in the new long red and black box with the plastic window in the top. It has the Z52 LOTC.

ET

Newly Enlightened
Re: No Z57 clickie on the latest E2E-HA!

Any chance Surefire reverted back to the LOTC in the new packages?

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
ET said:
Any chance Surefire reverted back to the LOTC in the new packages?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen a Surefire E2E-HA, that came from the factory, with the Z57 clickie.

oldgrandpajack

akula88

Enlightened

John,
I'm also waiting for SF to put clickies on the E2E before I buy one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Last week I picked-up (will-call) a new E1e at SureFire. No clickie. Packaging was the welded clear plastic.

Larry

juancho

Enlightened

Yesterday I received from the factory a E2o that I have ordered TWO MONTHS AGO, come with the plastic package no clickie and a THREE TONE BODY AND HEAD, the body is very dark, the head is the regular natural we having been seen until now, and the lens cap a VERY DARK anodized, it looks like a fr*****g zebra.
If I sound **** off, is because I am, I paid full price $95.00 plus shipping. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Juan C.

nirad

Enlightened

I talked to SF today on the phone. The CSR said the E2e and the L4 (when available) will have the Z57 clickies. He also informed me that the L4 is backordered for at least a month to six weeks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

I'd give mine "2-tone"- the crenelated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif bezel with dumb a** warning matches the power pak fairly well. Mismatched HA doens't bother me as it's the name of the game. My 1st gen CR2 absolutely eats it for lunch in the "brightness" dept. Fortunately I bought a Z57 along with it.
site1043.JPG

Larry

juancho

Enlightened

Why is that my C-2 and C-3 and M-2 all match perfectly and the E series is so mismatch in colors???
Also the L-4 and the A-2 I have are very well blended and I have not complaint about them.
I have severals E2e and E1e that are mistmatched. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
Juan C.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Juancho,

Parts from the same bar in the same tank at the same time will usually match. Bar=(raw stock alumunum)-to-bar variations even from the same *heat/lot* of aluminum will vary in color. Run-to-run anodizing by the anodizer will vary in color. Functionally, (abrasion/corrosion resistance) the process is pretty stable.

Larry

juancho

Enlightened

If they can not keep the colors from mistmatching in the E series, why they don't introduce a dye like they are doing NOW with the E2Defender??
A dye will not change the capabilities of the type III and make it more presentable.
You have any idea how they achieve the CJ (Jungle Camo) color?

Juan C.

Greymage

Enlightened

oooh, that's a pretty cr2 light... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

Even with the dye there is variation of the E2d parts (and 9AN-BK / KT3-BK parts and X200A parts).
Function with the HA (durability) is significantly more important for these tools then variations in HA colour/hue whatever in my opinion.

In my experience, dye weakens the HA compared to natural HA.

Al

juancho

Enlightened

Size 15, I think this is a issue of Quality Control, as I stated I don't have any complain about the colors matching in my C-2 H. A. and C-3, M-2, A-2, L-4, that I have bought recently, SO if they can do it in these lights WHY we have to suffer such disparity of color in the E series?
Quality Control is the issue here! also I have some wine lights that I opened the shrink wrap that come with bright spots of aluminum in the end of the crenallated bezel, also flat diamonds that reflect light from bare aluminum.
Now wine lights are not considered a tool buy a fashion accessory, (maybe go well with Sasha shoes) also I have mention before the upsidedown model legend in two of my E2E's a JC and a SG.
All indicated to me that poor Quality Control is exercised by the factory now. In my opinion they should clean up their act.
Juan C.

Size15's

Flashaholic

I'm trying to get you post clear in my head.

*Why are the E Series more miss-matched then other models?

I guess that various parts were made and anodised in bulk at different times. This is not a QC issue as the quality of the parts is the same regardless of colour difference as they are anodised to performance requirements which are in part based on thickness.

*You have an issue with substandard anodisation on some WineLights?

Why not call SureFire and arrange to have them replaced. This is a way of alerting them to a QC issue and how important you feel it is, and resolving the issue that you have. Posting about it on the internet does none of these things.

*The "upsidediwn model legend" is a QC issue?

I don't see how it could be. What difference does it make to the performance of the SureFire as a tool? It's not a new thing either - I have about 50 SureFires and plenty of them have this upsidedown thing. Including M3's and M6's. It comes I would guess from rotating the body round rather than lifting the body up and flipping it over during the etching process. The etching guys are very busy and I certainly don't want to delay getting tools to troops because of this.

Al

juancho

Enlightened

Al, we are talking about one of the most expensive flashlights in the world!! (ex: Mini Mag-lite $8.00 E2E $95.00) For you the $95.00 flashlight is only a tool?
You will feel the same if you bought a Rolex watch and it sport and upside down Rolex crown?
What about a Smith & Wesson model 29 .44 magnun with a upside down model legend?
what about a Weatherby rifle with a sploch in the bluing?
Some of us prefer to use nice looking equipment!!
I worked for years in the Quality Control department of a Watch Company. I know some things about Q.C.
All my lights that not measure to what I expect from Surefire will go back, and probably I will have to wait for months to get them back!!!
Juan C.

Size15's

Flashaholic

It's not upside down if you rotate the body. It's the right way up. I think perhaps the ones that don't do this are upside down?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif May be you are not reading the SureFire correctly? flipping them over to read the otherside isn't perhaps the right way?
Doesn't it make it more fun that things are all slightly different? It gives an element of surprise - some wonderment. Makes them just that bit more special.

Sounds rather silly discussing this I think. Like there are more important considerations to be concerned with. SureFire makes products that people use in environments and situations for activities that are life and death - Certainly SureFires are tools.

In fact, a few of the SureFires I have do not have any etchings at all! Perhaps this is the solution. No etchings. Certainly make it faster to get them to those who need them. I'm all for that.

Maybe SureFire could supply a magic marker aka "sharpie" or whatever marker pens are called so users can label them up the way they want?

If you order 5000 of a model I believe you can have your own etchings on them - specifically designed for the flip-over rather than rotation reading technique!!

The information is important - brandname, model number, serial number so you can tell what it is, who makes it and who it belongs to.

Considering the topic of this thread, if you did not get a Z57 on your SureFire and you have been lead to believe or expect by SureFire that it was meant to have one then I suggest you call SureFire, explain this and your reasons and see what they say. Obviously changes take a while to filter through. I believe the plan is for the E series to have the Z57 Clickie TailCap as standard.

Al

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast

I recently bought a Surefire E2e HA on ebay in a sealed box and it has the Z57 clickie. The box has silver sides and a black and red top with no window. The copyright on the bottom of the box is 2001, so I guess this is not the latest box.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
Considering the topic of this thread, if you did not get a Z57 on your SureFire and you have been lead to believe or expect by SureFire that it was meant to have one then I suggest you call SureFire, explain this and your reasons and see what they say. Obviously changes take a while to filter through. I believe the plan is for the E series to have the Z57 Clickie TailCap as standard.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only hoping to see the Z57 clickie on the E2E's in the newest package. Mostly because E1E's in the newest package have the Z57 clickie. Never heard it said officially, a change in tailcaps was coming or expected.

Just received another E2E-HA today, and it also has the Z52. This one is in the sealed blister pack. The expiration date on the batteries is 01-2014.

Also received a brand new E2O-HA today, in the newest red and black box with the plastic window in the top. It also has the Z52 LOTC. Again, I was just hoping the E2O in the new packaging would have the Z57, like the E1E.

oldgrandpajack