MR-16 base?

Darell

Flashaholic
Hi -

I've been trying and trying to find somebody who will cram a few white LEDs into an MR-16 base for a 12v accent light. Has anybody heard of such an animal?

Thanks!
- Darell

Brock

Flashaholic
I know Color Kenitics makes stage lighting fixtures of all different shapes & sizes. I don't know if they do the MR16 though, but I m sure they have something close.

Darell

Flashaholic
Thanks Brock - I'll give them a shout. I'm a bit surprised that these aren't more common, actually. I mean they're making A/C screw-in bulbs - what I want takes no fancy electronics since it can use as many LEDs as makes sense for the voltage - and it's already DC. Somebody'll get there. If I could just find a source for the MR-16 bases, I'd build my own. Should have saved my old blown bulbs I guess.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LED-FX:

BTW 12v MR16s are usually run on AC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Adam! Is this for real? I just assumed that it was converted to 12v DC. Have to check that out before I go further with my project.

LED-FX

Enlightened
If your gonna knock someat uop yourself using a dead MR16 or a cheapo butchered...

Just use small bridge rectifier on the board the LEDs are mounted to preferably with a smoothing capacitor.

You`d be suprised by some of the ,erm,`professional` LED lights that dont have any smoothing and even half wave rectification resulting in nasty flicker.

Not slagging LagoLed BTW who have very nice well designed lights form what I have seen of them.

Adam