Where to buy PM6 LED in Germany? Batterystation?

Apu

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on CPF but I was lurking around for some time now. Great board I must say! (Although I didn't know people could make such a buzz about flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif)

Originally I was looking for an EDC flashlight and quickly decided to get an ARC AAA after reading the LUMMIE AWARDS and a couple of other threads. (Well actually I started looking for a handy, tacticalish FL like Walther offers them here)

But since I'm easily attracted by all kinds of electronics, well crafted tools and other geekish stuff, I could not stop and spent major parts of the last two days (and nights) reading CPF and related sites like 'flashligthreviews'.

Long story short: I now want the AAA and a Pelican M6 LED and maybe an Infinity Ultra just because it looks so cute (the images make me want to grab it right from the screen).

There are a couple of places (online) where I can get the ARC here in Germany but either they don't have the M6 LED at all or they charge more than $110,- (99,- EUR) for it. The cheapest Pelican (called PELI here ) I found was the incan version for EUR 50,-.

Any european flashaholics here who know where to get the latest light toys at decent rates on this side of the pond?

I'm about to order from Batterystation because they have great CPF special offers and cheap lithium batteries (hard to get for a decent price in europe) but I'm not sure about how VAT/Tax is handled (VAT is 16% here and customs charge a fee, too). International shipping is $8,- if I remember correctly from another post, isn't it?

Thanx
Apu

Heck, I'm making buzz about flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apu,

check the B/S/T forum and read the post about free international forwarding and go from there

Klaus

Apu

Newly Enlightened
Thanx so far!

I didn't know outdoorsuppliesuk yet. unfortunately the pm6 is 57 pounds ($100) and i don't see any decent reason to pay that much for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

klaus, i checked the thread. you people are just great (in this case esp. keith /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif)!

seems to me that batterystation is the right place to buy and i guess they do their best to keep shipping costs as low as possible (IF they ship to germany).

however, i will consider to make use of keith' offer anyway.

Jochen
(Apu)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Well the PM6 gets good reviews on CPF and is liked in both it's incandescent and 1W LED forms. It's only £57 which to me seems like a choice between getting it and having a good night out seeing as that's about how much I'd spend on a good night out during the month... The value of something can be consider by what you have to give up in order to get it. In my case I measure things like flashlights in pints of beer since if I don't spend my disposable income on one thing then I'll drink it!!

Al

Apu

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
...It's only £57 which to me seems like a choice between getting it and having a good night out seeing as that's about how much I'd spend on a good night out during the month...

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically I would agree with your argument but it's a fact that for $100,- (or 57,- GBP) I can get the PM6 LED, the Infinity Ultra and a dozen lithium cells from batterystation and still have enough $ left to cover shipping and Tax.
I'm willing to wait a little longer and write some additional emails for that if necessary.

Thanx anyway!
Jochen
(Apu)

I'd like to see you on one of those 57,- GBP night outs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
It is worth "shopping" around for the best deal if you've got the time and want to make the effort. Good Luck!
I'm usually doing things at the last minute and panic shop.

Al

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XM2

The XM-2 just starts shipping, reviews to follow soon IMO

Have three on order /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BTW: Theres an german CPF meeting discussed over HERE

Klaus

Apu

Newly Enlightened

Klaus, I just read a PM from Andre (Spacemarine) who told me about the meeting as well.

Thank you both for the 'indirect' invitation. Although I'm quite new to this place and don't even own a fancy flashlight yet this might be fun. I'll think about it.

Maybe I can somehow 'mod' my Maksutov to become a "light canon" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Jochen

chrisse242

Enlightened

Apu, do you already have one of the walther lights? They can easily be modded with a lux3 and the stock reflector or any kind of optics. I guess it will perform as well as the xm2 or the peli M6-Led, and if you already have some tools it will be cheaper as well. There are several threads about modding the walther or the similar looking "police"-lights sold at ebay.

Chrisse

Apu

Newly Enlightened

chrisse, Thanks for the modding suggestion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif!
I ordered one of the Walther lights two days ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
They look really nice IMO (as far as I can tell from the images) and the price seems ok for an alu made tacstyle flashlight (BTW it's approx. 15,- EUR).

If I like the Walther I might get another one (or 2), put one in my car and try to mod the spare /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Jochen

3.7000.jpg

chrisse242

Enlightened

Sorry but in stock condition the Walther lights are really bad lights. Ringy beams with lots of artifacts, but the reflector works excellent with HD-luxeons.
Is this the price including shipping? I can buy them for 15,70 at a local gun store and they are more expensive on ebay so I bought mine in the shop.
The good thing about modding the walther is the fact that you can use the led on the star board and don't need to use just the emitter which is harder to work with.

Chrisse

Apu

Newly Enlightened

Ok, I won't expect too much then.

15,70 is a good price at the store. Mine was 14,95 @ ebay plus shipping, so you probably made the better deal. I was too lazy to look around any longer and my developing flashaholism was calling for a gizmo of some sort /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Jochen

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened

14,95€ is suggested Retail Price on the Walther lights <EDIT> Price for Germany, of course </EDIT>. IMO not worth the money. Even the Batt. are crap. Modding is probably the best than can happen to a Walther Light.
Holger