• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired KL1 mods

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys and gals,

It seems that the KL1 is back. I've almost been flooded with requests for KL1 mods. I'm getting ready to order more S017XA reflectors from Wayne J. and thought I'd put a word out so that I can order enough.

I had ordered my last batch of these reflectors for personal mods/builds and wound up using just about all of them for mods for CPFers, so I want to make sure that I order enough.

I currently have 4 TVOJ's, 1 TX1K, and 1 SWAK luxeons and I also have 4 TXOK luxeons on the way. These are the ones I'm willing to move at this time anyway. Please, no requests for luxeons only. These are to be sold as parts of mods.

If you have a KL1 that you would like to have modded post something here, just so that I'll have an idea of how many reflectors to order. I'll also shoot you a PM to hammer out details and time frames.

If you happen to be one of the lucky ones that got a newer KL1 with a nice white high dome, we can work around that too.

Thanks.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
maverick,

If you have a high dome the beam will consist of a square with a round hot spot within it, all of which will be surrounded by sidespill.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
maverick,

All is not lost...

That's why we mod them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like one of the mods. I have a KL1 already.
PM sent.

mut

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a thought, has anyone modded a light with one of the new LD's? I wonder what it would look like w/NX05? They have the LD lens, but the square EOS phosphur like the HD's.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of Chop's modded KL1's using the S017XA reflector and all I can say is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif! The L4 I used to own is just a distant memory! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G Pilot

Enlightened
Hey chop, I have a kl1(that the lense is damaged) and a lux III. Can you mod it? You can keep the old LED that is in it plus what ever you charge.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
G Pilot,

PM me. I think I have ONE surefire lense left. If you have the lux, that makes my life easier.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chop, just wondering how much you charge for the mod if we have the KL1 but no lux? Also, do you mod L1s? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, Chop, same as mike's 1st question above... I would like to as well, depending on costs... thx! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

marcspar

Enlightened
Chop,

I just got a new KL1 that seems ok until you compare it to any other decent 1W - then it looks very yellow.

A good candidate for a mod, if you would take it on!

I'll pm you on this.

Marc

nexro

Enlightened
I am interested in having my KL1 modded as well.
How much would it approximately cost? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks!