OMG...I think I've lost my Arc4+!!!**FOUND!!!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG...I think I\'ve lost my Arc4+!!!**FOUND!!!**

The title says it all...after I'd been at work for about an hour tonight, I reached in my left pocket to get some change and realized that I wasn't feeling the all too familiar feel of my hand sliding past my Arc4+ that's ALWAYS clipped there. I immediately felt a sickening "empty" feeling in the pit of my stomach. I went out to my truck to see if it had somehow come out of my pocket on the way to work...it wasn't there. I then called the convenience store that's my regular coffee stop on the way to work. All the clerks know me because of my frequent stops there. They checked around the store and in the parking lot for me...all to no avail. I'm almost positive that I had it with me when I left for work...carrying it is second nature, and I feel naked without it. I hope that by some stretch of the imagination I inadvertently left the house without it, and that when I get home at 8:00 this morning it'll be there. I'm trying not to get too optimistic about that, however...because like I said, it's ALWAYS with me. When I leave to go anywhere, I grab my Arc4+ even before I grab my wallet! I'll update sometime tomorrow...right now I'm feeling more than just a little ill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif...

I wish Peter's warranty covered STUPIDITY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

PJD

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: OMG...I think I\'ve lost my Arc4+!!!

Yes, you should keep it on a lanyard. I lost another valuable (for me) light in a cave in waits deep muddy water and found out much later. Through some unknown spirit I could find it again, although it was one to a million against it. If I would have had the Arc4 two months earlier, it would have been my Arc4. But there the relatively high weight turnes into an advantage, it could easily be that you mention the loss earlier than with a smaller EDC torch/flashlight.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

If its not at home, I will definitely feel your sorrow for you. Hope its there! This whole situation does make one wonder about EDCing a very expensive piece of hardware.

MichiganMan

Enlightened

This is actually why I personally don't like the clip's primacy in this model over a split key hole. I knew I would never trust my Arc4 to a clip that could silently disengage (read slide off the pocket) and fall to the ground under such commonplace circumstances as me pulling something out of my pocket or getting out of my low to the ground car. I carry mine clipped to my keychain. Admittedly it makes for a substantial load, but this way I never go anywhere without it, I immediatly notice when its missing, if it does fall out of my pocket the jangling keys serve as an audible "alarm" even on soft ground, and since its my car keys I'm likely not to leave the scene of the loss without noticing.

That really sucks PJD, I'm sorry. I know how you feel, I get those pit of the stomach episodes periodically with my Palm Pilot. Here's hoping it turns up somewhere in the house.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't feel secure enough with a clip either. The only thing I clip on is a cheap ball point pen, and I get irritated when I lose that.
PJD, don't give up, hope your next post will be about where you found it and how you had a good laugh..

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I would just put a gun to my head, I hope you find it PJD.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

PJD, I sure hope you find it. That's just one of the reasons why I'm always nervous about carrying an expensive flashlight. Heck, I would be mad about losing ANY flashlight, so I bet it's torture thinking that someone else is now enjoying your ARC4+. I remember a thread a while back where it was suggested to wrap your battery(ies) in a piece of paper with your name and phone number on it. I think I'm going to go do that with some of my more expensive lights, and add the word "REWARD" to help encourage return of my lights.
Best of luck!

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

I lost my CPF Tvord built benifit light for several months. I was so relieved when I found it. I hope you find yours.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

PJD, since you haven't written , here's hoping you left it at home. I've carried my L4 with a clip to my left front pocket for many months with no problems, but have always felt a bit insecure in doing so, I have a hunch that you will recover it,good luck!!!!!!!

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought a modded arc AAA with luxeon from led_asap, spent some time adding glowpaint in the head and loved the result. I later gave it to my sister because she loved that thing and she lost it in a week.
I hope you find yours...

Aten_Imago

Banned

Humn very interesting subject for me. I'm notorious for 'misplacing', wrongfully suspecting theft (in my mind) and failing to remember certain steps on some days. It has contributed to my Human Factors expertise which in turn helps me evaluate stowage/tether/pocketability of small personal tools. To keep it short- I really feel your pain (it's in the pit of your stomach..right?). If you had one of my 'moments' then 90% chance you forgot to remember or 'register' that you left it at home just this once. This is one reason I carry flashlights tethered- either from a neck-lanyard (60%) or from a belt loop tether (40%). except for my flyfishing light, none of my lights are clipped. The clip works best for pocket knives- though I may start tethering that as well - after what nearly happened at the 7-11 today (potential pic-pocket). for a belt-loop lanyard the Berkley Point is lovely > http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products .Here's praying that you find that Arc 4+. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

83Venture

Enlightened

Similar thing happened to me, found the ARC 4 in the crease between the seatbacks of the van. Hope you find yours.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope it shows up soon PJD. I think the story about how you find it will be interesting.

Peter

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

The story of how you found your Arc4+/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gifwill be a lot happier to read than the story of how you lost it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

indenial

Enlightened

I've experienced that sinking feeling. Usually it my keys; or my personal calendar. I feel for you PJD.

That reminds me: what's the status of the ARC4 proto-holster?

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast

Okay, all...Thanx for the out-pouring of sympathy and compassion! Well, in the last 24 hours I've come to the conclusion that there IS a God, and He likes me! After getting home from work this morning (I stopped at the convenience store where I thought I might have lost it and canvassed the parking lot, restroom, and every nook and cranny of that place!), I immediately went on a search and recovery mission. The first sweep of the area turned up nothing. As I stood in the kitchen seriously contemplating harey-carey, something on the counter caught my eye...there, next to the phone, partially hidden by the phone's charger, was the item that had for the better part of a month given so much pleasure...and for the last 12 hours caused so much PAIN (...a little melodramatic, huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif)...my beloved Arc4+!!! Anyway, I didn't even think about feeling embarrassed; all I could manage to feel was RELIEF!

I don't really think there's a moral to this story. I still don't think I'll use a lanyard with my Arc4+, because I like it's appearance in it's "pristine" form. I may come to regret it in the future, but that's a chance we all take when we decide to EDC a light that costs 160 smackers! (note to PG: seriously consider including stupidity and neglect in your warranty for a "nominal fee"...you'll make a KILLING with customers like me!)

Anyway, thanx to all for feeling and sharing my pain...it was much appreciated! Only another flashoholic can truly appreciate the sense of sheer TERROR that sets in when something like this happens (...sniff...I love you guys...sniff...).

PJD

B@rt

Flashaholic

Glad to read you found it again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Now get a proper lanyard for it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad you found it too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Now if only I could find my keys...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: OMG...I think I\'ve lost my Arc4+!!!**FOUND**

I'm *very* glad your Arc4+ turned up!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.