Re-Considering the LSH Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Peter, I really wish you'd reconsider the LSH product line. It hits a certain price-point between the AAA and the Arc4, that simply can't be matched anywhere else considering what you get in the product. I'd like to see the LSH resurrected and brought back to life, however with some minor changes.

1. Replace the optics with a custom reflector. We already know that a reflector kicks-a** as far as beam quality.

2. Create a tailswitch that has as tailguard which surrounds the Kroll, to allow end-standing candlemode operation.

I know you want the inovation that the Arc4 introduces, however Arc should not stray from the product(s) that put them on the map.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I would love to see Peter stay with the LSH product line.

pyro

Enlightened
I'll second that,
while the Arc4 wins hands down in brightness, beam quality and versatility, the ArcLS is still a very good Light, with
nascars suggestions even a little better.
I imagine that there are a ot of people that don't want to pay the Arc4's price, but a medium priced ArcLS would be fine.
And the ArcLs with twisty pack is almost one inch shorter than current arc4.
please keep it for the ones who not need the best EDC Light, but only a very good

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope the LSH stays in the lineup too. It's still gonna be a while till it's "old news". I posted this back in Jan., it pretty much sums up my feelings on the LS series.

[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
I really hope that the LSH doesn't go away. I think it's still in demand and just as viable a product as it ever was. I think Peter should drop the price a bit and continue making them. I think plenty of people would own both of them. I have a 4+ on order too, but I have several LSs that won't be going anywhere in the near future.

I think the LSH also has potential to bring Arc some customers that they might not ever get otherwise. After all, $150 - $180 is alot of money for "joe consumer" (or anyone) to drop on a flashlight. If the LSH were available in the $75 price range I think it could open up a much broader market for Arc. Of course, once these people got a little taste of Arc quality, lots of them would probably upgrade to an Arc4. Arc could use the LSH as a "gateway" to the Arc4. The LSH could be Arc's SureFire G2 so to speak. And I think we all know what kind of trouble gets started when you buy a SureFire G2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

fuelblender

Enlightened
You can't beat the "tried and true" - especially if it has the improvements that this_is_nascar is recommending. As a matter of fact, if you make them, give this_is_nascar the 1st one.

YOU CAN'T BEAT THE LSH SERIES!!

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Peter, I really wish you'd reconsider the LSH product line. It hits a certain price-point between the AAA and the Arc4, that simply can't be matched anywhere else considering what you get in the product. I'd like to see the LSH resurrected and brought back to life, however with some minor changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also love the LSH line. I hope Peter could keep the LSH series.

But.....there appears to be a substitute out now....the Longbow flashlights. I've never tried one, but I hear they are very good quality for the money--in the $90 price range, very bright, and relatively small.

So.....if the LSH is cancelled, its bad but at least there are substitutes available.

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I also love the LSH line. I hope Peter could keep the LSH series.

But.....there appears to be a substitute out now....the Longbow flashlights. I've never tried one, but I hear they are very good quality for the money--in the $90 price range, very bright, and relatively small.

So.....if the LSH is cancelled, its bad but at least there are substitutes available.

[/ QUOTE ]

I myself have 3 Longbows and it <font color="red"> </font>is <font color="black"> </font> a very well made light however, I like the size and the feel (form factor?) of the LSH series much, much better. I know there are people out there that like the relative user simplicity of the LSH series and I'm willing to bet that Peter can make it the sensation (not to say that is isn't still some what of a sensation) that it once was with a few minor design changes.

W4DIZ

Enlightened
Yes,Please keep the ls.TIN has some great ideas.A reflector is a great idea,I also like the switch guard and the 123 twist pact.You could make both.I am using 123 twist packs on my ls's for the size but I like the kroll too,it just needs a guard.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Ray, do you have a Longbow yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Just within the last hour, I've started reading about them. Somehow, I've ignored them in the past. You're the 4th person that mention the LongBow to me in the last week, so I thought I'd read about what I was missing.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote: Keep making the LSL/LSH series. It's a good middle ground between the AAA/AA series and the ARC 4 series. I would definately buy another ARC LS. The ARC 4 is just out of my price range.

nightshade

Enlightened
I own a Longbow micra,it's a excellent flashlight.It's also larger than any of the ls-123 series.Arc is still in direct competion with any of the Longbow lights with one exception.The longbow lights have a almost endless possibility for modification,both factory and 3rd party.But, yet again, with considerable thought and funds both the Arc ls series and the Arc 4 could offer the potential for the same flexibilty.The only true method of support for Arc is feedback,such as this, and consumer dollars.I'm in for a adapted LSH or Arc 4.Writing the Arc company off for any reason, in my opinion , will result in the much slower development of what we are in search of.The holy grail,the perfect,adaptable,every day carry light.Looking at the current playing field, there is only one Arc.Again,just my opinion.

Radagast

Enlightened
At the risk of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif may I suggest a version with a clip like the Arc4 clip? I have found it extemely handy.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
ditto - LS-Series rule!
with Twisty of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif
bernhard

Shadows

Newly Enlightened
yep... offer the ls with different configs of tailpacks...
the normal kroll, kroll w shroud so can stand on end, twisty, kroll with clip....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts