Questions about the Longbow light.

regularguy

Newly Enlightened
I'm about "2 itches" away from purchasing a few of these lights. Just need a few questions explored before I scratch away.

Does anyone have a picture of the Micra w/ twisty right next to an Arc LS w/ twisty? And a clickie next to a clickie?

And what LED light out there would you say had the closest resemblence to the micra in terms of beam and brightness.

Thanks!
regularguy

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
regularguy, here you go:

micra-ls_twisties.jpg

micra-ls_clickies.jpg

And here's one just for fun:
lb-arc_interchange.jpg

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Rob, sorry, none of the lights in the last pic are working lights. I was just showing that the LongBow tails will screw into Arc LS tails, etc.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
The more I look at the LB compared to the LS the more I dislike it. It's just to big for my taste, I'm sure it a great light but I can put my LSH-P with a twisty in my front pocket and I don't even know it's there. If I were going to carry something that size I would carry my SF L4.

sidespill

Enlightened
I thought I wouldn't like any 1x123 light bigger than my arc LSHS. But I've replaced it with the LB fits my large hand better, it's still concealed when i close my fist around it. One hand twist on/off is a bit easier with the bigger size. I keep it in my front pocket with my wallet and it stays vertical next to my wallet, i like that. I would have to say however the LB 2cell do not appeal to me those IMO are too large for a 2x123.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
sidespill said:
I would have to say however the LB 2cell do not appeal to me those IMO are too large for a 2x123.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

(side-by-side size comparison, scanned on a flatbed - pardon the dust, been awhile since I used the thing...)

comparo.jpg

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
GREAT pic, hotfoot and DZ!

i was wondering if the LB micra could be carried easily in a front pocket.
im still not sure!

it looks to be about the same length as the arc would be with the kroll.

i still have reservations about the optics/beam of the longbow (isnt it difficult/impossible to place an nx05?) i prefer the nx05/hd type pattern.

Bob

illmatic

Newly Enlightened
hotfoot,

As a Micra owner, I just wanted to tell you, that you guys did a great job with the Longbow. Hopefully you guys can acheive an "ARC-like" following. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see the new things to come. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

sidespill

Enlightened
hotfoot,
In your pic the mini next to the e2 does not look big at all. My bad.
pedalinbob,
I really like the micra's stock optic. However I was able to use the NXO5 when I used a lens cover from a MM and it screwed down flush.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
sidespill...you dont find the beam to be overly tight?

i have looked at all the pics i could find and read all the reviews. looks like a GREAT light. i just need to decide if it is easily pocketable and if i will like the beam.

thanks for all the info!

Bob

sidespill

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
sidespill...you dont find the beam to be overly tight?

i have looked at all the pics i could find and read all the reviews. looks like a GREAT light. i just need to decide if it is easily pocketable and if i will like the beam.

thanks for all the info!

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

If you like the Fraen LP you might like the stock LB optic better (a bit wider). If you like the NXO5 just take one of the thin o rings from a MM lens holder and swap it with the fat LB o ring and the lens holder should seat all the way down with the NXO5. I finally tuned in to all the talk about the MM reflector i finally gave it a try on a MM w BB500. It makes for a real nice transition from hotspot to corona with a great SIDESPILL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif too bad its to large to fit in the LB bezel.
pocketable? everyone's got their own opinion. Some people are stuck on ARC LS size. I'm not, it still conceals when i make a fist around it. And it stands vertically next to my wallet, smaller lights end up at the bottom of my pocket with all the other junk.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
SS if you want to use a reflector with the LB, the S017XA fits nicely with only very little easy modification. I still prefer a MagAA reflector over the S017XA but that's to much work/cutting to get it in a LB. I was gonna try it later on but now that I have a McPR head for I won't even bother. Well maybe I still will just for the hell of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Vifam

Enlightened
I just got the McPR head and Micra with clickie tailcap. The tailcap and lens cap come off easy, but the bezel just refuse to come loose. It is hard get a grip on the body. Is there any trick to get the bezel unscrew? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
you see, i am looking for reasons NOT to buy another light...and you guys arent helping!!!

im gonna have to get another job...

Bob

sidespill

Enlightened
darkzero, vifam , you guys got the PR head. congrats. My internet was down when the B/S/T post was up.
As far as getting a better grip on the body you could try a cresent wrench of the flat sides of the body (use some tape on the jaws to protect the body's finish) and a strap wrench for the bezel. Gotta get a couple SO17XA,s.