What have you convinced nonflashaholics to buy?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know how it goes. You show them a light. They're suitably impressed and of course ask how much. Rather then face ridicule, I simply say it was expensive but worth it to me. If they really press then I tell them. But I've convinced several people to buy Arc AAAs and two people to buy E2s mainly before the Luxeon craze got underway. Oh a couple photons as well although I tell the people the Arc AAA should be the first choice and the photon only as a backup. What about yourselves? Lights that they paid for themselves, not gifts.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Not sure if this is what you mean...

I had used my Minim*g (with Madmax) to help a buddy work on boat motors. His big SL35X had problems at the time. So one day we are at Bass Pro Shop and he buys a purple minm*g. Later that day he hands it to me and tells me "make it like yours". And so I did.

I really don't know how he likes it (liked it?). We had a parting over the age old NEVER get involved with > money....

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
So far just a ARC LSL-P and a Firefly. The light that is most admired is the Surefire A2. These guys work outside at night and have seen a lot of best quality lights. They just don't want to spend the money.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Nothing yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
(Since you did say that stuff we gave away doesn't count.)

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's see.... Arc AAA, Infi Ultra, Princeton-Tec Aurora, G2Z, Pelican M6 and a VIP.

Britt

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What have you convinced nonflashaholics to buy

I know a theatre techie that asked me to suggest a small light with a good 'indoor throw' with a tight beam and as little spill as possible. She is thrilled with her INOVA X1.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Sub_Umbra said:
She is thrilled with her INOVA X1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm glad to hear that someone is.

Peter

cy

Flashaholic

I sold my deer hunting buddy a ultra G at my cost. That made him a convert. He's got the bug now and has purchased 6 more ultra G's to give his brother, son and as gifts to other buddys.

Got another buddy in on the group buy for ultra G's, now he purchased E2E, A2, G2, arc AAA and 4 ultra G's for wife, son , gifts.

I sold $1 led lights to my scout troop 20/$20 deal. I'm waiting for more converts. Already got another request for another group buy for ultra G's and $1 led lights.

ksbman

Flashaholic*

Well, I haven't conviced anyone in my family to buy a flashlight...because I keep giving them great lights as gifts.

Years ago I talked a co-worker into buying a MagCharger and more recently another co-worker bought a dat2zip sandwich with a Brinkmann 2AA Legend host because he liked mine so much.

Avix

Newly Enlightened

Tec 40. they saw mine, saw how bright, pointed out that they were close to the price of a big MagLite, and off them went. the waterproofness and the lifetime warrenty of the tec 40 was a big factor. the cost of the batteries for the Legend was a down side so they didn't go with that.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Just some UltraGs here.

Hey Britt, how do you convince a non flashaholic to buy a light that isn't out and barely in production? Or did you convince a nonflashaholic to become a flashaholic and then go out on a limb on a VIP? Quite a feat either way.

daloosh

naromtap

Enlightened

SF E2e,E2o,G2 & have a Tigerlight & Inretech Trilight III pending, oh yeah the G2 was bought by my girlfriend who now has 2 colleagues who each want one - shame I'm not a dealer!

naromtap

Enlightened

..oh & there is an SF M6 request also from a friend aswell - where will it end?!