• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: McX200

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

I have two SF X200's that have been modified with a PR-T head as well as 2-stage switch for sale. They look like the one below but do not have the Ti belt clip.

wet.jpg

I am very fond of this mod and had planned on doing as many as I could. However, after modding about a dozen of these, towards the end, I had 3 of them die on the opperating table. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif The head with optic needs to screw off without hanging up or binding on the LED heatsink module. In the three failures, best I can tell, some excess thread sealant/ adhesive bound the heat sink to the head. Unscrewing the head caused module to rotate which broke some anti rotation tabs as well as screwed up the contact PCB leads. The X200's that survived the opperation are fine but after this experience, I have come to two conclusions:
1) it isn't a great idea to be swapping stock head with PR-T back and forth (so I am not including the stock optic head)
2) this mod needs to be taken seriously and the chance of damage on the initial removal of the stock head is very real

Anyway, what you get is a fully functioning X200 with PR-T head (reflector can be removed for flood applications) and the switch which can be used for either momentary or constant on in a resistored low level as well as the stock high level.

I am asking $300 ea. for these and the price includes pay pal fees as well as priority mail or global priority mail.

If you would like one, please stake your claim here as well as E-mail me with X200 in the subject line and your CPF name and real name and address so I can get this off to you. Because these lights don't have any lock out feature, they will be shipped without batteries if the destination is beyond the US or domestic coverage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for looking!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't believe no one has jumped on these. I would love to mount this on my new S&W 99 .40 but as I just bought it and a regular x200 my funds are low /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to jump on one of these also, but I'm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif
Maybe next time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mut

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jtivat said:
I can't believe no one has jumped on these. I would love to mount this on my new S&W 99 .40 but as I just bought it and a regular x200 my funds are low /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

These are awesome! IMO, the X200 = great 2x123 form factor for EDCing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, nobody interested?
Come on, somebody buy these before i cave in and buy one myself.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Do we have a "fishing" graemlin? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened
They are quite tempting aren't they? What emitters are in these and at what current? Does the bigger head diameter interfere with these going back on a pistol rail or are they just general purpose lights now?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
OK, one goes to dallas and that leaves one to go.

The LED is a LuxIII and knowing SF, I would be surprised if it wasn't a T bin of good color. The drive current is somewhere in the mid 900 range to my knowledge and these mods behave identically to the
L1-PR-T's I have made in terms of beam shape and intensity.

The bezel of the PR-T does not project down into the top plane of the rail so this mod should fit in any application where the stock X200 would. The two stage switch would require opperator awareness beyond the function of the stock switch.

Oh yeah, dallas neither you nor *I* need anymore flashlights! Will *that* stop us? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: FS: McX200 *SOLD*

OK Kakster, it's yours. I had a hunch I'd be going to the post office again today! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: McX200 *SOLD*

Paypal sent.

Well i managed to resist for 2 whole days, so im pretty sure my McLux addiction is getting better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dallas

Newly Enlightened
I am a happy flashaholic. Whiter, brighter, just too cool. Can't wait to see how you're gonna beat this one, Don. Words fail me. This and the L1 (Gizmod) are what flashlights are supposed to be like.

Latest posts