• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: Modded LSH-P

grnamin

Enlightened
I have one modded Arc LSH-P done by LitFuse. It has a Luxeon III TVOJ with a driver ramped up to 611mA. LitFuse also added a Fraen optic. Kroll is a little on the flickery side. Not used much. Fresh SF 123 batt installed. I hate to part with this light, but I just got a Longbow Micra. Asking price: $120 shipped via priority mail insured, includes Paypal fees.

P.S. Unable to locate the zip baggy and instructions.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Modded LSH-P

This is a great deal, word on the steet is that these TVOJs are super efficient, for extended runtimes. The Kroll "fix" takes 5 minutes.

Peter

jimahi

Newly Enlightened

I would like to get this, but I have a questions:

- Is the runtime as good or better than the stock LSH-P?

Just curious... why do you prefer the Micra over the modded Arc?

Thanks,
Jim

grnamin

Enlightened

Jimahi, I'm not sure about the runtimes. I haven't done any tests. Maybe Peter would know for sure. He was the one who modded the light and did an outstanding job of it. I like the "coolness" factor of the Micra over the LSH-P, the recessed switch, and the McCapsule I just got for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Floating Spots

Enlightened

I have a different LSH-P that gets about 35 to 40 minutes off a DP123. (This is dependant on the particular led. This one may be better than the other.) The original drive current is 333ma or 340ma in a stock LSH. Thus, runtime will be less than half of stock (~2 hours stock), due to the doubling of current and the additional energy wasted in the internal battery resistance at high current.
Surefire or other batteries may perform better than the Daily Powers.

On the other side of the coin, it should be darn bright for that time.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

This will run for *at least* an hour in regulation on a good cell. It has been mentioned recently that these TVOJs have an exceptionally low Vf, so it may run a good bit longer than that too.

Peter

Latest posts