Trek 6000 New King of the Hill (By a Hair)

Free

Enlightened
I just got my Trek 6000 today and it is not quite what I expected. I was hoping that the 60led's would be almost twice as bright as my DB 37 but it just seems to edge it out by a hair. See below, Trek 6000 on the left Vs DB37 on the right:

iP26073.jpg

The Good:
For a 60 LED it is compact 6"x 2.5"
It is bright and casts a nice floodlight.
The C cells are easily available
Long run time for 60 leds 4hrs?
It has an on off switch
Waterproof

The Bad:
A bit uncomfortable in the hand
Heavy
Not that bright, Underdriven leds?
The switch is flimsy (Same Idea but not as nice as the Princeton Surge).
VERY EXPENSIVE

Any Questions?

Free

Enlightened
You sure? It shows for me when I load the thread?

Woops just went away, bear with me a bit.

Free

Enlightened
Okydoke, It looks like it is working now, sorry about the technical difficulties
smile.gif

lightuser

Newly Enlightened
Links work here. Nice beams shots. I had GoGoGadget make me a 36 Doublebarrel back when you got yours. I liked the light but realized LEDs are just too diffuse to really kick out the light. I still think it's an outstanding light in some ways and people ought to try them. You could probably put a regulator in the Trek and get more out of it by overdriving it like the DB but that's a lot of trouble-too expensive. I got a Light Cannon instead and it's a good light, I am quite happy with it. Cost less too. The only problem with the LC is you can't switch on and off at a moments notice so if you need to do that the Trek might be better. If not, ship that mug back! For a while I thought about making a 100 bulb homemade out of all Nichia S ranks, boy that was gonna be a pricey experiment...would have been twice as bright tho'.
smile.gif

Free

Enlightened
I way prefer my DB37. In fact the job that Gadget did on that light feels more professional to me than what Tektite did with this light.

One advantage that the 6000 has over the DB37 is the ability to use as a dive light. I took it in the Spa last night
smile.gif

Doug

Enlightened
Light Canon? 36 LED's in a DB?! I have heard of 18... but 36! Geez! Can I see a picture of the DB36 and the LC
smile.gif
?

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lightuser:
Links work here. Nice beams shots. I had GoGoGadget make me a 36 Doublebarrel back when you got yours. I liked the light but realized LEDs are just too diffuse to really kick out the light. I still think it's an outstanding light in some ways and people ought to try them. You could probably put a regulator in the Trek and get more out of it by overdriving it like the DB but that's a lot of trouble-too expensive. I got a Light Cannon instead and it's a good light, I am quite happy with it. Cost less too. The only problem with the LC is you can't switch on and off at a moments notice so if you need to do that the Trek might be better. If not, ship that mug back! For a while I thought about making a 100 bulb homemade out of all Nichia S ranks, boy that was gonna be a pricey experiment...would have been twice as bright tho'.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lightuser

Newly Enlightened
My DB36, which became a DB37 before it was awarded to my dad for his 69th birthday, is away until Thanksgiving. I may be able to round it up for some "glamour" shots, but no promises. The LC is something like 2-3 times as bright and is center-weighted. The beam colors are about the same...