Switchable Arc LS on ebay???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
What is the consensus on those switchable Arc LS lights often seen on ebay. The description says the bodies are made with Arc seconds, and the inards are what? Does anybody know anythig about these? Are they any good? The impression I get is the led's used are not so hot. An easy problem to solve. Can the current be modified in a similar fashion as in the true arc LS? A Penny for you thoughts.

cheers,
zwf

gromit

Newly Enlightened
You can purchase seconds directly for ARC. Check on their website under where to buy and click on factory closeouts they are listed for $60 sale $50. Call them and see what their stock is.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
I beleive they are built from 'grey kits' offered from Arc some time back. I have one myself because I found the un-anodized finish interesting (this is before I knew about the beauties from Jets22:)) The bezel is easily removable so if you want to swap boards, it should be easy. Good for modding, but as gromit above suggests, why not wait or look for a LS second? Other than that, shipping was fast and reliable from this e-bayer.

Try a search for 'switchable' and you will find more info. Also another thread about the presumed mystery modder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.