How can i tell if AAA head is Limited Edition ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcoholic

Enlightened
Wondering if there is a way of telling the difference between a regular AAA Head and a Limited Edition Head other than beam qual. and pattern?

David

lstarks

Newly Enlightened
I wonder about this too. I bought an aaa Limited edition on ebay and it is less bright than an aaa turquoise and less bright than an arc aa. I thought it would be as bright as the aa but have 1/2 the battery life. It occured to me that potentially the head could have been switched to a standard leaving me with a body that says limited edition but without the best led?

Wisti

Newly Enlightened
That´s a question I always wanted to ask .
I have an AAA-P with very blue color and the
Premium letters are only on the battery-case .

I han´t got a standard to compare with it ,
but the beamshots of Premiums in several
reviews look much less blueish . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Arcoholic

Enlightened
That is exactly why i asked the question, just bought a AAA LE on Ebay but is it less bright and very blue and has an uncentered beam in comparisson to my other reg. AAA`s or my AA`s. I gues i may have been had.

brickbat

Enlightened
IMO, you can't reliably tell the difference. I have one of each side-by-side. One's a touch more violet with a hotter hot-spot, the other's a touch more greenish with a softer hot-spot. Not enough of a difference to warrant the extra $ to me, at least.

Oh - just re-read your first post: besides beam quality and pattern, I don't know of a way to tell the difference. (no super secret markings or anything that I'm aware of)

turbodog

Flashaholic
I can't answer your question, but I can reinforce what others have said. I am just finishing up divvying up the arc aaa lights from a group buy.

I compared all the standard and premium lights side by side at the same time. The colors were either white/green or white/blue for all of them. The premiums USUALLY tended to be blue and the standards were mostly greenish, but exception existed. Beam quality was the same for all of them... variations existed, but the vaiations were the same across both lines.

Brightness was the same also. Throw was also the same. Basically it you read arc's description carefully a premium is ONLY a color designation. Out of 8 premiums, about 6 were blueish. Out of 8 standards about 5 were greenish.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I've seen enough LE, Standards and Premiums to detect the LE by sight. The LE beam is the best Arc-AAA stock beam of the three. Not that screaming blue or puke green. It's more of a ****-yellowish tint.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
turbodog said:I compared all the standard and premium lights side by side at the same time. The colors were either white/green or white/blue for all of them. The premiums USUALLY tended to be blue and the standards were mostly greenish, but exception existed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, it is the opposite with mines: the LE is more greenish (which I used to tell people is much more expensive .-) and the standards have the typical overdriven bluish tint. But the number is probably too low to make any statistical relevant statements....

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
turbodog said:
Funny, it is the opposite with mines: the LE is more greenish (which I used to tell people is much more expensive .-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at that smiley! Have you been modding lasers? I remember seeing a sign (I think it was on the door to the laser lab at uni) that said: "WARNING: DO NOT LOOK INTO LASER WITH REMAINING EYE"

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
My LE has a slightly different color to the anodising than my other AAA's. Mine has a kinda gold tint to the color. As I remember, at the time the origional LE was sold, It had a better beam color and was brighter than the standard AAA. I understand, that since then the lights have gotten better and are now probably better than my LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.