Angryfox        

Thread: Ba Da Ba Ba BA

Default Ba Da Ba Ba BA

I'm hating it

Default Re: Ba Da Ba Ba BA

You have not seen..and heard, and seen and heard, and seen and heard to commercials for the FAT PILLS?

LOL..maybe not with the TV reception where you are........ [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ahh! now i know what you're talking about.

yes, those commercials anger me more than just about anything i can think of. something about that gawshaweful music and, well, everything.

i hope the producers of that commercial get what's comming to them in the bottomless depths of hell [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Bart...I have to apologize....in case you have not figured it out yet I was bitching about MacDonalds and their ad campaign here in the states. The joke was that you would not get the commercials....poor. I suspect that commercials are treated differently where you are (they were all held to the end of regular shows in Iceland and most other countries won't even air commercials dedicated to US audiences) and I know that American commercials are tailored to regions even.

Roth...I could not have put it better.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Is this the ad campaign with Justin Timberlake?

Geoff

uh...not that I know of....but then again I change the channel when the skitte comes on....

Ahh makes sense now. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] here we have McDonalds ads to promote a big mac for only 2 Euro ($2.40 USD)... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Guys,
    Compared to the DeFAC (Dining Facelity) a McDonalds lunch would be most welcome.

About all our third world Sat TV gets in english is BBC and BBC financial. The rest advertises for adult phone service, and a lot of things in Arabic.

So tell me what's fun in the real world? The third world is hot (110F) and has too many flys.

Jack Crow in Iraq

Jack, on the menu for tonight at "Tom's Ribs" in San Antonio:

Slow-Smoked Pork Baby Back Ribs
    Brick of Onion Rings
    Tom's Jack Daniels Beans
    Cole Slaw
    Fried Okra
    Iced Tea (or ice cold longneck beer)

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img]

Britt

*Flashaholic*

If the nuggets are now made with white meat--what were they made with before? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Jack_Crow said:
    Guys,
    Compared to the DeFAC (Dining Facelity) a McDonalds lunch would be most welcome.

About all our third world Sat TV gets in english is BBC and BBC financial. The rest advertises for adult phone service, and a lot of things in Arabic.

So tell me what's fun in the real world? The third world is hot (110F) and has too many flys.

Jack Crow in Iraq

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm reminded agin how lucky I got stuck with force protection duty. We have cable with the Armed Forces Network, plus Showtime Arabia. No commercials except a few in Arabic for some ts shows. It's funny watching a movie or with Arabic subtitles. AFN does show some American news though as well as the British CNN and CNN financial. Can't forget Euro MTV, there are some strange things on that channel.

Our DiFac isn't too bad. The TCN's are pretty good about their job.

I really hate flys now too. Especially after it rained the other day, OMFG there were so many flies it's not even funny. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif[/img] I wish I'd brought my power inverter so I could get one of those electric bug zappers and hook it to the battery in my Humvee. There are a couple people who counted the number of flies they killed in one day, around 300. Have you found anything to ward them off? Deet does nothing at all I've found (had to try). I thought about a citronoella (sp) candle, but since it has warnings about not using it in encosed spaces I decided to not try one inside a humvee.

Flashaholic*

Are a rooster's "nuggets" the other white meet?

-Bill

[ QUOTE ]
    14C said:
    I'm hating it

[/ QUOTE ]
    Then you need to go to the Commercials I Hate message board, and vent your spleen there. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm thinking about it.......

BTW you should see that Diamond today or tomorrow. Looking forward to the review when you get artound to it.

As soon as I receive it, I'll let you know. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

I hate that whole slogan/jingle too. I know they (McDonald's) are trying to reach their target audience, but come on! Do they really generate more sales with one jingle over another? Somehow I doubt people are saying,"Hey, I really like the new McDonald's jingle. Lets get a Big Mac!" I personally am so sick and tired of every other jingle being some annoying hiphop song. Just about everyone where I work feels the same way, and we change the radio station when that annoying jingle comes on. I'm almost ready to boycott McDonald's because of this stupid jingle. Couldn't they use something just a bit more neutral? Not so much "in your face"?

i'm lovin' it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

I have not seen it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]
    I guess I watch the wrong channels
    Topper [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But they did get you to think about them, and to talk to others about it. I guess that's the point of advertising. In this case it seems to be backfiring with at least a few potential customers.

Flashaholic

Agreed, the advertising leaves a bit to be desired.

I've always thought Burger King's whoppers and fries tasted better anyways, but I'm not at all fussy and will eat at either place, although I loved the big n tasty when it was on the dollar menu.

The employees at the local burger king left much to be desired, so I never went there.

I went to a Burger King a few winters ago, and some dillhole set fire to the stuffed animals on the back of my wheelchair somewhere between the bathroom and the front door...been going to McDonalds ever since. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif[/img]