Ba Da Ba Ba BA

B@rt

Flashaholic
question_marks_270.gif

14C

Enlightened
You have not seen..and heard, and seen and heard, and seen and heard to commercials for the FAT PILLS?

LOL..maybe not with the TV reception where you are........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
ahh! now i know what you're talking about.

yes, those commercials anger me more than just about anything i can think of. something about that gawshaweful music and, well, everything.

i hope the producers of that commercial get what's comming to them in the bottomless depths of hell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

14C

Enlightened
Bart...I have to apologize....in case you have not figured it out yet I was bitching about MacDonalds and their ad campaign here in the states. The joke was that you would not get the commercials....poor. I suspect that commercials are treated differently where you are (they were all held to the end of regular shows in Iceland and most other countries won't even air commercials dedicated to US audiences) and I know that American commercials are tailored to regions even.

14C

Enlightened
Roth...I could not have put it better.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14C

Enlightened
uh...not that I know of....but then again I change the channel when the skitte comes on....

B@rt

Flashaholic
Ahh makes sense now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif here we have McDonalds ads to promote a big mac for only 2 Euro ($2.40 USD)... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
Guys,
Compared to the DeFAC (Dining Facelity) a McDonalds lunch would be most welcome.

About all our third world Sat TV gets in english is BBC and BBC financial. The rest advertises for adult phone service, and a lot of things in Arabic.

So tell me what's fun in the real world? The third world is hot (110F) and has too many flys.

Jack Crow in Iraq

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jack, on the menu for tonight at "Tom's Ribs" in San Antonio:

Slow-Smoked Pork Baby Back Ribs
Brick of Onion Rings
Tom's Jack Daniels Beans
Cole Slaw
Fried Okra
Iced Tea (or ice cold longneck beer)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Britt

Saaby

Flashaholic
If the nuggets are now made with white meat--what were they made with before? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Jack_Crow said:
Guys,
Compared to the DeFAC (Dining Facelity) a McDonalds lunch would be most welcome.

About all our third world Sat TV gets in english is BBC and BBC financial. The rest advertises for adult phone service, and a lot of things in Arabic.

So tell me what's fun in the real world? The third world is hot (110F) and has too many flys.

Jack Crow in Iraq

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm reminded agin how lucky I got stuck with force protection duty. We have cable with the Armed Forces Network, plus Showtime Arabia. No commercials except a few in Arabic for some ts shows. It's funny watching a movie or with Arabic subtitles. AFN does show some American news though as well as the British CNN and CNN financial. Can't forget Euro MTV, there are some strange things on that channel.

Our DiFac isn't too bad. The TCN's are pretty good about their job.

I really hate flys now too. Especially after it rained the other day, OMFG there were so many flies it's not even funny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif I wish I'd brought my power inverter so I could get one of those electric bug zappers and hook it to the battery in my Humvee. There are a couple people who counted the number of flies they killed in one day, around 300. Have you found anything to ward them off? Deet does nothing at all I've found (had to try). I thought about a citronoella (sp) candle, but since it has warnings about not using it in encosed spaces I decided to not try one inside a humvee.

14C

Enlightened
I'm thinking about it.......

BTW you should see that Diamond today or tomorrow. Looking forward to the review when you get artound to it.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate that whole slogan/jingle too. I know they (McDonald's) are trying to reach their target audience, but come on! Do they really generate more sales with one jingle over another? Somehow I doubt people are saying,"Hey, I really like the new McDonald's jingle. Lets get a Big Mac!" I personally am so sick and tired of every other jingle being some annoying hiphop song. Just about everyone where I work feels the same way, and we change the radio station when that annoying jingle comes on. I'm almost ready to boycott McDonald's because of this stupid jingle. Couldn't they use something just a bit more neutral? Not so much "in your face"?

Topper

Flashaholic*
I have not seen it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
I guess I watch the wrong channels
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts