• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler - HA3 for Jets22 "N" cell holder

Mark_Paulus

Enlightened
Feeler - HA3 for Jets22 \"N\" cell holder

I asked Peter if he could HA3 Jets22 N cell body to the same spec as the ARC AAA tube it was replaceing, and his response was basically No. So I did some research locally, and I found a guy that will HA3 (hardcoat) things for a $55 / lot minimum charge. In his estimation, a lot could be up to 275 units. Also, there would be an additional $0.10 (10 cent) charge to plug the end so no solution got in. I would be interested/available to collect and process a HA3 run for those who already have a shiny Jets22 N cell holder. I would need to see how many people are interested before coming up with a final cost.

Also, Jets22, if you happen to see this, could you let me know what kind of material you machined these tubes out of?

Thanks all.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Re: Feeler - HA3 for Jets22 \"N\" cell holder

I might be interested in getting my bare N cell holder HA3'd.

I also have some have some CNC-123 parts that I would like to get HA3'd as well which consists of these:
cnc123_kit.jpg

But it all depends what the final price would be and how dark the HA3 will be. Please keep in mind that some masking would be needed and I believe that will add to the costs. Please let me know when you can.

thx

Mark_Paulus

Enlightened

You are correct. The N cell holders don't need masking, merely plugging (the addl $0.10). Masking was extra, and was charged $46/hr. So, maybe if you masked it before it was shipped, that could keep the cost down.

If I get any interest, then I would probably go down sometime and show the guy my
arcAAA body and see how close to that color his "hardcoat" would reach. But it's on the other side of town, about a 20 minute drive, so I'm not gonna do it if there's no interest.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have one complete CNC123 light I would like to get HA'd if it can be done for a reasonable price.