Inova XO spill - need comments

BobCol

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody
I've been visiting this forum for the last couple of weeks and I'm impressed with what you can learn about flashlights here. I own a X5T and love every bit of it, and I'm considering buying an XO in my next trip to the U.S. but I'm a little concerned about the spill in this light. Can anybody tell me what does it look like in practical use? Does it still have a reasonable spill so that you can see your way around in the dark, or is it more on the side of a very focused light with very little spill?

Thanks in advance for the comments
BobCol

ParishM

Newly Enlightened
If you like the X5 you will love the XO ! It has a
tighter beam and it much brighter. I got mine several
weaks ago and love it.

P....

indenial

Enlightened
I've done an eyeball comparison of my XO vs X5T. As you'd expect, the XO is much brighter and whiter. The X5T has a less defined, softer centerspot and sidespill, whereas the XO has a more defined centerspot and it's sidespill is punctuated by several concentric, almost "Saturn-like",
circles. Very different lights. Keep in mind, however, that I've heard there's a wide variance in beam quality among the new XO's.

Bottom line, the XO is not nearly as spotlight-like as the X1 and you can definitely use it to find your way in the dark!

gwbaltzell

Enlightened
I find only a small amount of spill, but enough for me. If you need more just put a finger or thumb out into the beam! No rings in the nearest spill, and I don't see enough contrast in these artifacts of the fresnel lens to really be concerned about. Considering what most people put up with from typical reflectors, I would call the rings a non-issue.