Browning Flashlights - More rugged than Surefire?

Viper

Newly Enlightened
I was in my local Gander Mountain Store again checking out the store. In additoin to Surefire they also had quite the display of Browning branded Flashlights.

I can't speak for the throw but they seemed more robust than a surefire, and definately more rugged. Browning had a nice assortment of LED, 2 cell, 3 cell, and incandesent lights, about the same size and price as Surefires.

I did a searh with no luck, has anyone tried them yet?

jbroker83

Enlightened
I was under the belief that some brownings were actually contracted out....I.E. I own two Browning LED (10 and 4)that are basically a Lightwave 4000 and 2000.......I also heard that some of thier other lights are Pelicans.

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
I assume you're referring to the various Black Ice models. I had a 2x123 xenon model briefly, I took it back after looking at the reflector. Looked like crap to me for $40. Was nice to have a switch on the barrel though. More rugged than a surefire? I don't know didn't keep it long enough to find out.

Techmedic

Enlightened
Most of the plastic models are Pelican's. Pelican has a program whereby you can have then custom branded for you.
Some the the other LED versions I don't know.

A few months ago I picked up a "Browning" 3C light that is really a Pelican Super Sabre light for about the cost of the bulb module. Since I already had this Peli light, it was worth it just for the bulb module.

Latest posts