Joe Lieberman on the Iraqi prisoner issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitchener

Newly Enlightened
He said this during Rumsfeld's self-flagellation yesterday:

"The behavior by Americans at the prison in Iraq is, as we all acknowledge, immoral, intolerable and un-American ... I cannot help but say, however, that those responsible for killing 3,000 Americans on Sept. 11, 2001, never apologized. Those who have killed hundreds of Americans in uniform in Iraq, working to liberate Iraq and protect our security, have never apologized. And those who murdered and burned and humiliated four Americans in Fallujah a while ago never (apologized)...."

followed by:

"I hope as we go about this investigation we do it in a way that does not dishonor the hundreds of thousands of Americans in uniform who are a lot more like Pat Tillman and Americans that are not known, like Army National Guard Sgt. Felix Delgreco, of Simsbury, Conn., who was killed in action a few weeks ago, that we not dishonor their service or discredit the cause that brought us to send them to Iraq, because it remains one that is just and necessary."

Now if he'd just walk over and slap Ted Kennedy around a little...

haley1

Enlightened
At least one politicians statement isn't all fecal matter. Just one right wing lunatic fringe persons opinion.

Greta

Flashaholic
Thread closed. You figure out why... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha, you haven't closed it yet. Maybe under the CPF rules and regulations, a link could be posted to common political forums that people could post their opinions of such? Just kidding (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.