Not open for further replies.

Wisti

Newly Enlightened
Yes it´s me ,wisti , posting again !
I think some members of this forum don´t like me for
asking critical qestions , joking or just disagreeing
with PG´s opinions .
In fact I got quite nasty answers to almost all of my posts
especially from members with 1000+ posts . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

Back to the topic :
Iwant to tell you about some events that may support
Arc and PG , because I really love my LSHF-P .

I bought my first Arc-light more for a toy , because I
´don´t really need a flashlight (as I thought up to
that time in december 2003 ) .

Some weeks later I had to visit aperson in a local
retirement center to remove/extract -I dont know the
correct english word- 2 completely destroyed teeth .
Did I mention that Iam a dentist ?
I took the rechargeable light out of the surgery-case
and -yes you are right - it didn´t work .
Fortunately I carried my "toy" The LSHF-P in a pocket
of my trenchcoat .
I gave it to my nurse , she clicked it on and could
easily illuminate the teeth i had to work on without
shining into the person´s eyes .
I like the focused beam and the white colour .

Another day I accidentally dropped a very small but
very expensive white ceramic tooth inlay and although
we were looking for it for several minutes , carefully
walking around without shoes , it was impossible to find .
Finally I had the idea to take the LSHF-P .
I switched it on , laid it flat onto the floor and
slowly turned it around .
Illuminated from the side we could easily see every
hair and every peace of dust (uuuh!) on the floor and
of course the lost inlay .

That´s why my toy became a tool .
I think about buying 1 or 2 more of them ,
depends on wether the german tax-office accepts the
flashlight as a TOOL .

BTW finding the inlay wouldn´t have been possible
with an Arc4+ because of it´s larger head diameter .
Peter don´t stop the LSH . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Like you, wisti, I bought my LSL for a toy. And Peter's special was too much to resist. I have not yet had an opportunity to need it and actually have it with me. During the winter I would often carry it in my coat pocket, but with the warm weather it now stays mostly at home. I still treat it like a new car and am afraid of that first scratch.

Geoff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used various LSH-S and LSH-P many times now. They are so handy when walking from dark parking lot, during the times I have to work late shifts.

cy

Flashaholic
Even though I had an ArcAAA and eternal led light for many years before getting my LSHP. (all given to me)

My LSHP was the light that got me started EDC a light at all times. And turned me into a flasholic.

Now the LSHP is put away as I EDC, Arc4+, firefly and X3T PR Mclux. Depending upon which situation I'm getting ready for.

Even though I no loger EDC my LSHP, it has a special place in my heart for it's a tool first and my first flashlight toy.

The LSH series should live on, long as there is enough demand to justify production. I firmly believe the LSH is a stepping stone to Arc4+.

paulr

Flashaholic
Tell the German tax office that of course it's a tool, that's why it's sold by toolshop.de /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. You should also get an Arc4+ while you're at it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

StuU

Enlightened
My LSL-P is my standard EDC. Along with my Arc AAA. Don't use it that much but gives me a warm feeling to know it is along and ready for service.

Dave Wright

Enlightened
Tool. Mine gets regular professional use checking conditions above ceilings, in crawlspaces, and through unlit buildings. Several times a week it illuminates dark passages during night runs and blinds aggressive dogs. You never know how useful a light is until you have it with you all the time.

There is no substitute for the LS/Arc4 series. The AAA and AA don't cut it. Not bright enough for many situations. Larger lights (SF E2E, Longbow, Inova X5, etc) don't make the grade because they're too large to live in my pants all day. The LS (and now my Arc4) are the only regularly available manufactured option.

Enjoy your LS! Do you own an Arc4 too? My LS is gathering dust these days. The Arc4 is only slightly larger but does SO much more.

Wisti

Newly Enlightened
No , I havn´t got an Arc4+ yet .

Sorry , but I don´t like the design with the larger head
and I´m sure it isn´t completely developed .

BTW would modding my LSH with a 2-level switch void
the warranty ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

sotyakr

Enlightened
My LSL goes to work with me every day, and does get frequent use, so I guess you'd call it a tool. As mentioned in a post a while back, I once used it to provide illumination for surgery on one of our animals when the surgical lamp failed.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately (sometimes fortunately) the tax offices have a completely different look at hwat is deductable and what not (here in old Europe). When I had my own business some time ago, I was able to deduct a headlight from tax. Actually, I did not buy it first as a tool, but it turned out that it was one of my most valuable tools for finding Layer one network errors.
To be honest, I really hoped that they question it, but unfortunately they did not. I would have gone to the office and maybe would have turned some of the clerks into flashaholics .-)
It would be even easier to do this with an Arc (except that the clerks don't have as much time as they used to have two decades ago).

georget98

Enlightened
I'll have to never let my dentist know about the Arc-4; the local anesthetic would wear off before he decided on just the right setting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.