TVOJ on an ill pill WOW

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
Lambda starts out his build instructions with a disclaimer about this circuit not being very exotic or efficient. That may or maynot be the case. I am certainly no expert. However I can say this. I have built several to date all with Q binned lux's. Until yesterday that is. Yesterday I built one with a TVOJ on it. WOW, This one would seem to be as bright as my BadBoy500 with TVOJ. I don't have any sort of light meter. So can't supply any numbers. However, shinning against a wall they appear equal. Both lights were using NiMH for power. Tried the same comparison with alkalines. The BB stayed the same brightness while the ill pill went down some in brightness. Still very impressive though.
So all that to say it seems to me that emitter selection has a huge impact on output. A few ma this way or that would seem to have less impact. Only makes sense I guess when one looks at the Bin Codes Explained data. Had to see it with my own eyes to get a full grasp of it though.

cheers,
zwf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
zulu I have also found Lux III's to work very well with the Ill Pill. my Sx1J (Maybe it shoudl be a TX1J really) is Way brigher than the Q and even the R binned lux I's I have used....

Maybe I'm no crazy after all!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Justintoxicated said:

Maybe I'm no crazy after all!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, let's not get carried away .. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's good to see your having fun with the old Pill kits. The new kits are coming together, but only HDs at this time, as I'm still waiting on the LD Luxeons to show up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif.

smd1.jpg

I have been doing a lot of experimenting and testing with the new design. Lots of new stuff in the works, more cheap fun on the way....

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the LD Luxeons yesterday, so will be a few more days until the kits are ready as I battle with competing priorities for my time.