• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler: NX-01 Optics

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Folks,

I'm looking into getting some NX-01 optics injection molded or machined out of acrylic or polycarbonate by a local plastics shop, and would like to see what the interest is.

If there's a lot of interest, injection molding is the way to go, if not, likely machining is best.

Regardless, I'd like to get a general idea of how much this would cost so I can get a quote for the best method to make these in.

If you'd be interested in these assuming they're made, please post how many you'd like so I can get a better estimate of the end cost.

Thanks.

-EM

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
EM, as you already know I'm in for some. I'll say put me down for 5 but it depends on the end price.

thx

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course people's interest depends on the price. Let's just assume the price is reasonable for the sake of figuring out a quote.

Darkzero - Good to hear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I might be interested in roughly a half-dozen... depending on size. 'Guess I need to find some specs on said optics.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
[ QUOTE ]
14C said:
I think Justintoxcated would be interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Yup I'm pretty sure he would be in for some too.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
idleprocess said:
I might be interested in roughly a half-dozen... depending on size. 'Guess I need to find some specs on said optics.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're about the same size as the Fraen LPs, I think.

ubermensch

Enlightened
I don't know much about this sort of thing, but isn't it illegal to copy other people's designs? But if you are making them, adding that additional millimeter (on the part that contacts the emitter) to maximize the focus without the need for a spacer would be nifty.

nx-01.jpg
This is actually a picture of the NX-05, but you get the idea. In the second second picture that extra part would be 1-2mm (I don't know how much exactly though).

vacuum3d

Enlightened
If the NX-01 is more focused than the NX-05, then I'm interested in at least 2. Can NX-01 be used with High Dome? I've lost interest in the options because 1) it's more of a flood; 2) it doesn't work with the HD. I got to like reflectors more because I like focused beams.

Anyone have beam shot comparison between NX-05/NX-01/Fraen-LP?

vacuum3d

Enlightened
ah... That's right. I remember Dark0's review now. Thanks JI. The NX-01 has a much more focused beam than the NX-05 or Fraen. I like it.

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
It sounds like a "photocopy" of Lumileds' design. It is not legal, but as ubermensch suggested, if an extra mm can be added, then it becomes a new design and we are free to run. I will be interested in at least 6 if the end price is right. I would also like a few "mini" version for my small mods, if possible.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
bhds, the NX-01 was replaced by the NX-05, both made by Lumileds as far as I know.