Stinger switch removal and warranty

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,
My Stinger switch just quit working. Does anybody know how to remove it? Or maybe warranty will cover it?
Light turns on with firmly push, then goes off when clicks.
BTW, is there higher wattage (brighter bulb) to replace with original bulb, using stock battery?
I have tried Carely 1122 which is slightly brighter but nothing special.
Thanks for any information.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would give Streamlight a call. I have never had a switch go out but they have always been very pleasant and helpful in the past.

-Mike

fred0109

Newly Enlightened
The switch is covered by a lifetime warranty. Go to Streamlight repair center and click authorized repair centers. You should be able to take the light in and within minutes have the switch replaced.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
There is a special tool made for extracting the switch asst. You don't necessarily need it in order to remove the switch assy. I''ve always done with out it.

First remove the vent cap (tailcap) & batter. Then unscrew the two charging contact screws and remove the triangle guide. Next unscrew the face cap and remove the bulb.

You'll need a large wooden dowel or something similar about the size of the battery pack but longer by a couple inches. Stick the dowel into the battery compartment. Place the end of the dowel on a flat hard surface with the light pointing up.

Inside the head you'll see two large tabs that have slots in them. These two tabs are what's holding the switch assy in place. First make sure the switch is in the ON position. Using one hand to firmly grip the light, using the special tool, needle nose pliers, or equivelent, squeeze the tabs towards each other. When the tabs clear the threads push down firmly on the light and the whole assy will come out the head.

If the light is old, chances are the tabs might break especially if your light's switch assy is made of clear plastic. So I suggest replacing the assy rather than trying to fix it. The assy is not expensive and also comes with a new switch boot.

A copy of the instructions on how to remove and install the switch assy. comes with the new switch assy. when you purchase it.

fred0109

Newly Enlightened
When we received our "special tool" it was simply a pair of ring pliers coupled with a cut off broom handle.