Angryfox        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first incident with USPS

Default My first incident with USPS

I don't feel good this morning [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    As I suspected it, in the light of time put by one of my parcel to arrive (14 days), I had a very bad surprise this morning. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    I received an USPS envelope,from a great CPF man, in very bad condition restuck with adhesive tape of the French post office [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    When I opened it, I did not find the master piece what I was waiting, but only small other parts. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif[/img]

Somebody opened my parcel and took only my flashlight, not spare parts. It is really a big loss for me. I am now very anguished for the others parcel for which I am waiting.

It is the first time I have a loss since I receive parcel from the U.S, but it puts me ill-at-ease. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif[/img]

I lodged a complaint with the post office, but I don't wait much for it. The person in charge said to me that he was going to return the USPS envelope to sender's post office to see the suites which will be given. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

There are the risks and I had accepted it. But sometimes I am not a lucky man [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif[/img]

This post is just here to explain why I am not very happy for the moment and why I don't post or reply to post, with my usually cheerfulness [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thank to have listened to me, done good to be able to speak about it to others. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Default Re: My first incident with USPS

Very sorry to hear this Frenchy. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I had this happen to me once before... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

All I can say is: I know your feelings... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif[/img]

Bart, bring on that group hug pic please, Frenchy needs it

Klaus

*Flashaholic*

Frenchy, sorry to hear about your shipping problems.

The same thing has succeeded me, with a PR-T sent to me from Don.Luckily for me who has opened the envelope has not found interesting the item, and he/she does not have it stolen.
    Frenchy, you have my solidarity. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif[/img]

Pietro.

Lost one, too. You have my sympathy, Frenchy. What light was lost?

when my baby pin came i was looking out window cause inew it would arive that day mail lady drives by not stoping amd i see her go next door greeting the guy that lives there she had a small box and something told me that that was my baby pin,well thn she backs up at that point im out side but to this day i think it almost went to wrong house still scares me .she is like the mail person when the reg guy has days off. boy i dread them days.she is like 2 hours or more slower then the reg guy

BUMMER!!! Frenchy, we may have to arrange a different (more expensive?) delivery for your VIP... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif[/img]

Charlie - just hide them in a box of Macademia nuts (my way then please) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Klaus

Frenchy, I'm sorry to hear about that.

[ QUOTE ]
    Klaus said:
    Charlie - just hide them in a box of Macademia nuts (my way then please) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Klaus

[/ QUOTE ]

And what if the mail deliverer loves Macadamia nuts?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

tear up a barney diansour toy and put it in there everyone hates that dang purple dinosour [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Arg!! These stupid theives!![img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] FrenchyLed, I am very sorry to hear about your disaster.

[ QUOTE ]
    Klaus said:
    Bart, bring on that group hug pic please, Frenchy needs it

Klaus

[/ QUOTE ]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Hey Frenchyled, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's strange coz I feel a little sad as well.... What light was it? Keith has a few things on the way to me too, I hope they will be ok.
    "IN GOD I TRUST" (Even though I'm not American!)

Hi Frenchy, you are too good of a guy for this to happen to. I hope it was not one of the auction lights.

This really sucks! Global priority mail is very reasonable and I have had packages get to Europe as quick as deliveries to the east coast. I have not had one package get lost by the mail but now?!?!?!? I would like to tape the envelopes up in addition to their own adhesive flap but I was told by my post office that the package would probably be returned to me because these flat rate envelopes are "strong enough" if used properly and not "overstuffed".

If someone is going to go to the trouble of taking something out of the package, I don't know what to do! There is an option with Global Priority Mail of varible weight envelope that is more expensive. I am not sure what this is about but possibly a more secure wrapping would be possible? Perhaps GLobal priority (EMS) would be the way to go but it's considerably more $.

I hope someone has a good idea! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

McGizmo, what light was it? hope not very expensive!

McX200! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I've used the method of making an "inner envelope" out of cardboard that fits the padded envelope securely, and tape the edges of the padded one as well, at the risk of not being accepted, but I'm sure there are differences between Dutch and US post offices...
    I just have stuff from the States sent to me in a box, non priority, and state a low value, to make it less desirable for "snaggers"... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I know this is cheating the customs as well, so this wouldn't be an option for a buisiness, but sofar it has worked for me... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Basically, I make it (VERY) hard to open the package.

Bart,

I have been thinking along those lines as well. It's just that the envelopes are so handy and if they are handled by honest and consientious postal clerks, there should be no (nor has there been until now) problem. I bubble wrap and/or cardboard wrap the parts but the envelope itself is easy to open. I'd like to cover it with reinforced fiber tape but have been told that is not an option.

Flashaholic

So the package wasn't insured?

maverick>I do not think you can insure GPM

Flashaholic

i see, I'm not familiar with the US postal system.

What Bart said.

Canada post discourages us from shipping anything thicker than 2cm in an CP envelope. In fact any item thicker than 2cm is automatically considered parcel post. The mailers the post office sells are not very robust, so anything larger than a Luxeon star or collimator is sent boxed.

I am a big fan of shipping items $30+ insured, I know Customs is a PITA, but a $200US light is not something I would want to have lost in transport.

Insurance is available in some cases, I have been told but it depends on the destination. I would imagine that trying to collect would be a great experience in finger pointing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] the other problem is I usually ship items as gifts with undervaluation. I think if one is going to the trouble of insuring that one should just go FED-EX and sit back for the customs and duty gouge that's bound to happen. FED-EX may get a package somewhere over night but you can get a surprise charge a month ot two after the fact for duties and taxes. We need something that isn't expensive and frankly isn't too much trouble for the person shipping the package. I haven't been charging more for international shipping but it can take me a half hour or longer sometimes to make a trip to the post office and get an international package in the hands of the post office. I have a Postal Drop Box right accross the street so domestic packages are a piece of cake.

I received an e-mail from Pascal this morning and he is not holding me responsible and the cold hard fact is that I think he is right in not holding me responsible. However I feel his loss and I can't just shrug this off. I need to figure something out here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

*Flashaholic*

That really sucks! I've been lucky so far, but it will eventually happen to everybody eventually. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Larry

welcome to the sad club, Pascal [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
    helplessness and hatred are two unpleasant feelings.
    and after that ... the fear it might happen again ...
    welcome to the club.
    bernhard

Many thank to all for your good words !! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Bart for your picture [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    It's life, and it's only a material concern. I am very disappointed but it's not necessary to change custom which work since long time.
    I have already received at least 50 USPS parcel without any problem, today it is just an incident of crosses.
    I did not want to quote a name, because in my opinion this type of incident can arrive at all the salesmen of CPF, and their responsibility is not engaged. I do not wish that my post can carry damage to whoever it is. I took my responsibilities and I assume them. I simply wished to express here my disappointment which I hope will be calmed with the reception of my next flashlight . Don, please do not feel guilty, it would make for me the biggest pleasure [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I do not know if there is a solution of this kind of problem. The insurance remains expensive and is, in practical, difficult to operate when arises a kind of incident.
    To be paid off, it is often necessary to produce invoices. In the CPF world, they are sales of private individual to private individual, there is no invoice!! If the solution is UPS or Fedex, no thank you, it's too expensive. And with the custom duties and other fees, after 10 taxed sendings, I could buy a new flashlight .

Thank to all for your sympathy. I remain however worried, I sent 4 parcel last week and none of the addressees received his package.Without counting that I have another 2 or 3 parcel on the road which I have not received yet.

Life is life, material life is not life, think of it .

in the end, even with events like this one GP-Mail is still the bes option we got IMHO. It is cheap, quite reliable, you can cheat on customs like a hamster and it is fairly quick, too.
    From time to time, someone has to eat the bitter fruit ...
    bernhard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast