My first incident with USPS

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
I don't feel good this morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
As I suspected it, in the light of time put by one of my parcel to arrive (14 days), I had a very bad surprise this morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I received an USPS envelope,from a great CPF man, in very bad condition restuck with adhesive tape of the French post office /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
When I opened it, I did not find the master piece what I was waiting, but only small other parts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Somebody opened my parcel and took only my flashlight, not spare parts. It is really a big loss for me. I am now very anguished for the others parcel for which I am waiting.

It is the first time I have a loss since I receive parcel from the U.S, but it puts me ill-at-ease. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

I lodged a complaint with the post office, but I don't wait much for it. The person in charge said to me that he was going to return the USPS envelope to sender's post office to see the suites which will be given. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

There are the risks and I had accepted it. But sometimes I am not a lucky man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

This post is just here to explain why I am not very happy for the moment and why I don't post or reply to post, with my usually cheerfulness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thank to have listened to me, done good to be able to speak about it to others. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Very sorry to hear this Frenchy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I had this happen to me once before... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

All I can say is: I know your feelings... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bart, bring on that group hug pic please, Frenchy needs it

Klaus

cy

Flashaholic
Frenchy, sorry to hear about your shipping problems.

PS09

Enlightened
The same thing has succeeded me, with a PR-T sent to me from Don.Luckily for me who has opened the envelope has not found interesting the item, and he/she does not have it stolen.
Frenchy, you have my solidarity. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Pietro.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
when my baby pin came i was looking out window cause inew it would arive that day mail lady drives by not stoping amd i see her go next door greeting the guy that lives there she had a small box and something told me that that was my baby pin,well thn she backs up at that point im out side but to this day i think it almost went to wrong house still scares me .she is like the mail person when the reg guy has days off. boy i dread them days.she is like 2 hours or more slower then the reg guy

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
BUMMER!!! Frenchy, we may have to arrange a different (more expensive?) delivery for your VIP... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie - just hide them in a box of Macademia nuts (my way then please) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Klaus

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Klaus said:
Charlie - just hide them in a box of Macademia nuts (my way then please) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Klaus

[/ QUOTE ]

And what if the mail deliverer loves Macadamia nuts?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
tear up a barney diansour toy and put it in there everyone hates that dang purple dinosour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Klaus said:
Bart, bring on that group hug pic please, Frenchy needs it

Klaus

[/ QUOTE ]
bozobus.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

maverick

Enlightened
Hey Frenchyled, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's strange coz I feel a little sad as well.... What light was it? Keith has a few things on the way to me too, I hope they will be ok.
"IN GOD I TRUST" (Even though I'm not American!)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
This really sucks! Global priority mail is very reasonable and I have had packages get to Europe as quick as deliveries to the east coast. I have not had one package get lost by the mail but now?!?!?!? I would like to tape the envelopes up in addition to their own adhesive flap but I was told by my post office that the package would probably be returned to me because these flat rate envelopes are "strong enough" if used properly and not "overstuffed".

If someone is going to go to the trouble of taking something out of the package, I don't know what to do! There is an option with Global Priority Mail of varible weight envelope that is more expensive. I am not sure what this is about but possibly a more secure wrapping would be possible? Perhaps GLobal priority (EMS) would be the way to go but it's considerably more $.

I hope someone has a good idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
I've used the method of making an "inner envelope" out of cardboard that fits the padded envelope securely, and tape the edges of the padded one as well, at the risk of not being accepted, but I'm sure there are differences between Dutch and US post offices...
I just have stuff from the States sent to me in a box, non priority, and state a low value, to make it less desirable for "snaggers"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I know this is cheating the customs as well, so this wouldn't be an option for a buisiness, but sofar it has worked for me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Basically, I make it (VERY) hard to open the package.