Ok, I ordered the C3 intstead of M3...

KDOG

Newly Enlightened
After looking at the specs some more, I realized the C3 has almost the output the M3 does and cost less than hlaf the M3. It still has the grip ring, comes with the lanyard and is TypeIII HA. I think its not a bad deal. I ordered it from Tadgear with Free shipping for $104...Anyone have experience with TadGear?

KDOG

Newly Enlightened
Also it said something on the order page about GG&G TID - what the heck is that? I ordered it without it. Hopefully I won't be getting jipped on any accessories that are supposed to come with it.

ET

Newly Enlightened
It's a Tactical Impact Device. Attaches to the head of the light and is similar to the crenalated bezels that Surefire releases in its new lights. Used to beat people and cause more damage I guess.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The GG&G TID is not a standard package from Surefire. It is an optional 3rd party item made for Surefire.

Andy Ho

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the money a good pick. It has the same output of the 9P that has been discussed here lately. The form and finish (I strongly prefer HAIII) have been improved, although soome don't care for the clip, I like it.

Personally I like the C3, I have two of them as well as a M3. Although the M3 does have a slightly greater throw and output is it worth twice as much?

If I could only buy one incandescent it would be the M3. However, If I had any thought of buying a M6 in the future I would buy the C3 and apply money saved towards the M6. The M6 kicks butt and is the light that can signal satelites from space.

GregR

OK, I know someone here said don't be impressed with that factoid, but sorry it does impress me!

KDOG

Newly Enlightened
Well, Tadgear just emailed me back and said they are sold out. Gotta look for another vendor...

sideshowandy

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KDOG said:
After looking at the specs some more, I realized the C3 has almost the output the M3 does and cost less than hlaf the M3. It still has the grip ring, comes with the lanyard and is TypeIII HA. I think its not a bad deal

[/ QUOTE ]

i made the same decision - the C3 is great value, i know the M3 is superior but it's twice the price! I run my C3 with the P91 and Pila 150S's - superb!

And the money saved is going on an M6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

KDOG

Newly Enlightened
Ok, back on track, I just ordered the black instead of the HA - no biggie in my opinion.

So whats this Pila upgrade I hear about, what is that?

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pila batteries are rechargable batteries that happen to fit and work on many Surefire lights.
We were running a C3 and an M3 at a flashlight show over the weekend. I can provide Pila batteries if needed.

KDOG

Newly Enlightened
Nevermind, I got the IM!!! Can't wait to get my grubby paws on that thing!!! Muhahahaha!!!

Techmedic

Enlightened
OK, I am going to throw another wrinkle into the story;

How does the Streamlight TL-3 (Incandescent) compare with the SF P90? (in whatever your favourite metal package is; C3, 9P...)
(flashlightreviews shows that the TL-3 has a hotter center spot.) Comments??

Thanks!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TL-3 is smaller, lighter, and has greater throw - as you said it has a hotter center spot. Think "mini turbo head". Not the same "bells and whistles" as a Surefire, but not bad at all.

Techmedic

Enlightened
Thanks Quickbeam!

I still think that the M3/C3 has more WOW factor (aka bells & whistles) than the TL-3. Functionally, (shooting photons that is) they appear very close. Size 15S mentioned that the lamp in the M3 is more efficient than the P90 which looking at the specs I would agree with. (115L vs. 105L)Since the TL-3 is a more recent breed I would think that the TL-3 is closer to the M3 in terms of output. As I do not own any of these, this is just my observations of a collection of comments. I am leaning towards a 3-cell light in the next few months, but I don't want my wallet to suffer extreme trauma!

sideshowandy

Newly Enlightened
I'm a huge fan of Surefire's and have a C3 which i'm very pleased with - but i'm starting to collect Pila's too as they are superb lights at much more affordable prices. bulkier and heavier than equivalent Surefires but they sit well in the hand... and every model has a rechargeable option.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
The Surefire C3 is a great flashlight. I put the M2 bezel, second o-ring on the tail end, lanyard ring, and SW01 LOTC on mine. Makes it a Millennium Combat Light, as far as I'm concerned.
oldgrandpajack

KDOG

Newly Enlightened
Whats a LOTC?

Never mind, I guessed it - Lock Out Tail Cap

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire LockOut TailCap.
It usually refers to the standard TailCap push button pressure switch that can be rotated for constant-on light, momentary light via the push button pressure switch, or the switch can be disabled (Locked Out) by unscrewing it past the point at which the pressure switch no longer activates the light. Most SureFires have idents on the TailCap and body to assist in locating the locked out position.

Al