• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Contributions for gift to FrenchyLED

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Guys,

FrenchyLED, A.K.A. Pascal, bought a modified X200 from me on good faith and I mailed it to him on good faith. I like this guy and he has been generous with his time and money here on CPF to the benefit of many of us. The modified X200 did not make it to him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif He has accepted the loss as his responsibility and I agree that this is how it should be. This doesn't mean that I think he should suffer this loss on his own. At any rate, I have a half baked idea that I am going to follow through with on my own. Pascal strikes me as a connisour (sp) of the unique and it seems he is a "real" collector of illumination tools.

I am going to send Pascal a gift that is of unknown value, either as a tool or collectors item. It's a light that I made and have been keeping in unused condition as a personal example of my own feeble attempts at illumination tools.

blue-front.jpg

If any of you feel inclined to contribute to this gift to Pascal, I will gladly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif accept paypal donations. This is no substitute for the X200 that he didn't get but I think the gesture will at least bring some light and warmth to his loss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I would like to think that if I had chosen to auction this light, Pascal would have been one of those charactors adding fun to the event. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm taking this to the Post Office Today and there's no frigging way it will "accidentally" fall out of its packaging! It will go out via Global Express Mail (EMS).

Please understand that packages will be lost and in cases like this where it is individuals sending items back and forth, I think the receiver is the one to assume responsibility provided the package was sent via an agreed upon means.

In *this* particular case, I would like to see Pascal find some gain from his loss. If any of you feel like sending a couple bucks to me as a contribution to this gift, cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif thanks! If not, that's cool too and since this is a half baked idea, no worries! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
PayPal sent. Very nice of you Don. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Peter

*Edit*- How about trying to get Frenchy a replacement X200? I'm sure we can come up with the $, if you can come up with the mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

*Edit #2*- I just want to be sure no one takes my suggestion the wrong way. I am in no way trying to de-value Don's fine gift (what is it anyway)?

[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
as a personal example of my own feeble attempts at illumination tools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

LitFuse,

I had considered this but there are a few problems:

1) I have already *lost* 3 X200's to the mod process so I am kind of in the hole on that project; not completely but I can' explain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

2) I don't think the X200's are readily available and I can't justify the aditional expense of buying one myself nor did I want to presume on the members of CPF to fund this; especially if I ended up killing the X200! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

3) this "one of a kind McLux " is probably in better hands with Pascal than sitting on my shelf.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hey guys,

I am getting some donations to this gift and you're not stating your actions here. If you wish to remain anonomous, that is your choice but please accept both Pascal's and my own thanks here! I don't plan to try to keep a list of you off forum cause I already have enough paper work and things to try to keep track of! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I need to go pack this light and be off to my favorite place; the post office! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
WTF - we´re not even getting some nice red shoes here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Klaus

BTW - can someone post Dons PP addy - seems I´m the only one never having bought one of his "feeble attempts" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, you're sterling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

PP sent. Glad for the opportunity to contribute.

Britt
PS: Don said:
[ QUOTE ]
It's a light that I made and have been keeping in unused condition as a personal example of my own feeble attempts at illumination tools.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just keep on makin' them "feeble" lights and us feeble types will keep on scarfin' 'em up.

PS09

Enlightened
Don,
if is a near future the 1x123 power pak for E series heads,will be available,drop me an email.I take it.
----------
Pietro.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Don, Noooooooooooo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

It's really a beauty of exception ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

But if I had been able to foresee this generous reaction of solidarity, I would not certainly have written to express my disappointment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Don, once again thank you, but I did not wish such implication of your part, moreover which can know if I really deserve it !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You, all here, leave me without voice, I would never know how to thank you enough for the moral support which you bring me every day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

The only thing that I can make, is to improve my English to be better able to understand you and share with you the other feelings that the simple passion of Flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
Passion, which I think of it, is only a pretexte to have the impression to exist, through you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I put a lot of time to answer, and I hope that you understand, with my poor English, that your reaction moves me a lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Great cheers to You, Don, for all that you make and will still make for us, weak flashaholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Great cheers to all of you, for your spontaneous generosity. CPF is almost a Paradise, after MAUI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Pascal, who has had a difficult day, but after having /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif, will have get back his optimism thanks to you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Don, that is very generous of you. I think you shouldn't have, Pascal as all the nice lights and doesn't deserve it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
justkidding.gif

I hate when USPS loses packages, of course probably everyone does when it happens. I have never had a package lost up until now. I sent my good friend icarus in Belgium a package that was worth a good amount but it never showed up. I wish I had something special I could send to him but I don't. I still feel bad about the loss and have offered to pay half of what it was worth. The least I can do.

PP sent for my contribution.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks again you guys! Below is what I packaged up for the French fellow. I had changed the sapphire domed lens to flat as I was unsure of the seal with the domed lens. I also had some black nickel plated tabs done and put one of these on the light. The Ti clip is heavily anodized (thick oxide layer) and has some purple/blue tint to it in the light at certain angles. To date, This is the one light that I think is my best effort in an overall package. I love the four tritium vials and how they light up in the dark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif the Z57 guts in this is the best clickie going I think.

Pascal-McLux.jpg

I don't *need* this light nor does Pascal. However CPF isn't about *need* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Then again, maybe it is.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

EDIT: I was waiting for Pascal's phone number as it is needed for Global Express and just got it. Cool! This stuff is in a padded envelope with address on it inside a sealed box with address on it inside a plastic Express Mail envelope that is also addressed and sporting the proper customs forms and postage. If Pascal doesn't get this stuff, I quit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

mohr

Newly Enlightened
hi,
i dont know but maybe the x200 was not lost in the mail. in germany, and i think most of the other countries here, weaponlights are only allowed to special LEO or govermentagencies. in germany customs will confiscate any weaponlight or lasersight for guns even without sending a message to the owner. if pascal contacts the french customs the x200 will maybe be found and returned to the sender.
christian

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Christian,

Thank for the idea, I do not think whether it is customs this time. Once customs opened one of my packages, just for inspection, but they close the parcel with a special adhesive tape, and the mention " opened by customs " is clearly registered on the parcel. But I shall not miss to ask my interlocutor of the post office.Thanks.

Don, very nice, I'll have to open a French Museum of American Flashlight to share my beauties with other Flashaholic.

Thanks to all for your help and support.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Waahhh!
Don, what are you doing? You are giving a light that should have my name on it to a Frenchman ?!?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
You are a great guy indeed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
PayPal sent for Pascal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif
bernhard