Flickering ARC AAA?

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new (had it less than a week) turqoise ARC AAA seems to have two problems.

1. The compression pad will not stay stuck to the LED head (stays inside the unit instead when the head is removed).

2. The light output seems to flicker. At first I thought the head just wasn't snugged down on the battery...but I tightened the head up snug...and still it seems to flicker between really bright (which I expected) and not so bright.

I'm using a RayOVac rechargeable alkaline (tried two so far)...seems like that shouldn't cause a difficulty. Ideas?

Update...I rummaged around until I found an unused (still in the package) Duracell AAA...still flickers, so I guess the battery has nothing to do with that.

Just defective...I guess?

Thanks!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

this may sound simplistic, but, have you tried reallycleaning the negative and positive contact points on the light and the battery? Sometimes it's a bit of the foam washer glue that's the culprit.. I had the same problems with my Arcs, and cleaning fixed 'em -- btw the washers on my Arc LE seem glued on tight! - different glue?

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the idea!

Although...I cleaned the contact the absolutely best I could and I still get some flicker. So...must be the electronics?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ted, good suggestions. And you are right, we did improve the glue for the retainer. All of our models (including the LS) now use the new adheisive.

Ikendu, We would love to help you. Send us an email or just mail the unit back with a short note. Thanks for the oppratunity to help out!

Peter Gransee