American Nick Berg beheaded by Al Qaeda in Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Berg was a civilian working on getting mobile phone communications up and running for Iraq. He was kidnapped and then had is head cut off while being videotaped.

His murderers said it was in revenge for the abuse of those Iraqi prisoners.

I saw it mentioned on Fox News and looked it up on the web.

Expect to see more atrocities like this, Al Qaeda, Al-Sadr and ilk have been encouraged by the support they're getting from anti-Americans.

Here's a link to a printer friendly version at Bloomberg:

American Nick Berg Beheaded by Al Qaeda in Iraq

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
We humiliate their combatant prisoners, they torture and kill our non-combatant civilian.

Let's just see if there will be the same outrage. Somehow I doubt it.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably not. we will probably bend over, and kiss their butts while we apologize for him being in their way.
Rmember the burnt bodies being dragged through the streets!

rp42995

Newly Enlightened
G.W. should really give them a taste of some American might instead of playing around take care of business even if it cost him the election. These people are toying with us.They will always hate us anyway..This man Nick was trying to help these people. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really doubt that Al-Queda was involved. It doesn't do anything toward their goals. There are two real problems in Iraq.

After some 50 years, the State Department finally figured out that when we 'knock over' a regime, we need to have a plan B for what to do next in these places. We didn't in Cuba, We didn't in Iran, We didn't in Viet Nam, we Didn't in Nicauragua....

The State Department actually did have a plan in place, unfortunately the management was turned over the Defense Department who didn't have any sort of plan , or experience. The State Department and their planning was left on the sidelines.

It is like we never learned the lessons of Cuba, Iran, Viet Nam, or Nicaragua just to name a few.

Problem 2 is Islam doesn't recognize suicide, and what we have failed to do is to make these people scared of dying. There is a simple solution to that problem, but having worked for our current Secretary Defense some 25 years ago, I can tell you that if the idea didn't come from him, it doesn't have a prayer. Donny boy is a smart cookie, the problem is he takes advice from no one, so the learning curve tends to leave a lot of dead bodies.

What we need to do is to use Islam's own beliefs against these people. For example if die while contaminated by any part of a pig, you are not going to paradise, whether it was in Jihad or not. This creates a very obvious opportunity. We shoul equip the A10's with heated spray tanks, so that lard can be sprayed on battle fields during a fire fight, and all ammunition should be dipped in pig fat at some point in the manuacturing process. In other words, if you are killed by US ammunition, you are not going to Paradise. Now these people will be scared of dying, since you have to be 'decontaminated' before death, if you die with pig fat on you, the Quoran says you are 'screwed'....

You want to protect the US bases from sniper attack? Create a pig area around them. simple, cheap, effective, and it works because we have mobilized the same relgious fervor that is getting us killed, to protect our forces. It has the added benefit of being non-lethal in and of itself.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
My heart goes out to Nick's family, and I hope they find out who the people are behind the mask. It's hard for me to understand how video taping something like this is going to help their cause. I would like to say more but just can't.

R I P Nick Berg

StevieRay

Enlightened
I have been thinking about the situation in the middle east for a long time. The only way that we will ever resolve this crisis is to use brut force, of which we are very capable, to wipe out the entire country. As long as we don't know who the enemy is, we will continue to sacrifice the lives of our soldiers as well as the innocent men and women that are involved in the rebuilding of this region.

Ignorance breeds ignorance, just as poverty breeds poverty. As long as the religious zealots believe that it is an honor to die and to take as many innocent people with them, then this is the only solution that will ever resolving this crisis.

As brutal and inhumane as this logic may seem, I believe that it is the only way that we will ever have a chance for peace.

lightnix

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The only way that we will ever resolve this crisis is to use brut force... to wipe out the entire country.

[/ QUOTE ]
Along with all the innocent people you were originally supposed to be liberating, presumably.

Brilliant. Wonder why nobody else has thought of that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
It may sound harsh, but to the only sure way of getting rid of these creeps is for a high altitude carpet bombing run.

dark star

Enlightened
Re: American Nick Berg beheaded by Al Qaeda in Ira

[ QUOTE ]
JOshooter said:
It may sound harsh, but to the only sure way of getting rid of these creeps is for a high altitude carpet bombing run.

[/ QUOTE ]
That does seem to be our plan for the war, and let Allah sort out the good Iraqs from the bad.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
dark star said:
[ QUOTE ]
JOshooter said:

[/ QUOTE ]
That does seem to be our plan for the war, and let Allah sort out the good Iraqs from the bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, nothing could be further from the truth. Great pains have been taken to avoid this and I doubt anyone can document a single, high altitude, carpet bombing.

What is being experienced here is very similar to what the allies experienced in Germany at the close of WWII. The process of "Denazification" lasted about 2 years.

The Nazi "Werewolves" and the Nazi Guerilla movement didn't last and didn't work because the German people were sick of war and didn't support them.

There are over 200,000 Iraqis under arms as police who are trying to end the Iraqi "Werewolves" and they need support and help.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

im with out words ..but im about to go for a walk to clear my head

StevieRay

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
lightnix said:
[ QUOTE ]
The only way that we will ever resolve this crisis is to use brut force... to wipe out the entire country.

[/ QUOTE ]
Along with all the innocent people you were originally supposed to be liberating, presumably.

Brilliant. Wonder why nobody else has thought of that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidently some including yourself are capable of identifing the enemy. As long as the "enemy" is willing to hide behind innocent women and children; even using them as shields along with their so called "masques", then we either continue to tolerate these conditions or we eliminate them or do we just withdraw. What is your solution "GENIOUS"?

robk

Enlightened
I am almost too upset to even comment on this matter. Looks like massive force is needed, with 100's of thousands of casualties, but I pity the high-level US government officials who make that decision. Damned if you do, damned if you don't type of situation, no easy answers to this mess in Iraq.
Rob

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
"Let's roll", Todd Beamer - Flight 93 - September 11, 2001

A tribute to Todd Beamer, well worth the wait, .mp3 also available on the page.

They did not die in vain, they joined in the fight with the heroes of past, today, and tomorrow!

SUREFARC

Enlightened
Don't know what to say. This is what my friend says:

"It's all about revenge. Isn't this revenge? People trusts in revenge. We do revenge, in different scale, in different name. What's the difference in nature? We all criticize other's revenge and we all find excuses for our revenge. This is how misery goes on and on, this is how vicious circle begins one by one, this is how the world is. Who is better in human nature? Will misery ever end in this world?……"

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
It would help if the UN would help us the way they should have from the beginning. Of course we now know many of the UN only responds to bribes and payouts by ruthless dictators. I guess since we locked up thier cash cow they will be pissed at us for long time. Many of our own people will not care about Nick Berg. I have heard more screaming by liberals demanding justice for the abused Iraqi prisoners. I never heard them screaming about Sadaam killing women and children. Never heard them screaming about the rape rooms and torture chambers. The blame America first crowd is out in full force for the Iraqi prisoners but see how quite they are for an innocent civilian. See how fast this story fades into the sunset just like those contractors that were burned and dragged through the streets. See how the blame America first crowd continues to make a big deal about the Iraqi prisoners but continues to ignore the thugs who are killing innocent civilians.

Greta

Flashaholic
StevieRay... tone it down and edit your post. I realize this situation is one that causes very strong emotions but let's at least remember above all things RESPECT... for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts