Tactical to Practical...tonight (5/11) !!!

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first 15 minutes on this History Channel show tonight covers the TZero electric car smokin' a Dodge Viper in a quarter mile race!

And...a military diesel/electic hybrid scout vehicle with a 20 mile all-electric range for "stealth" mode.

Pretty cool! It will be re-broadcast again at midnight (CDT).

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Cool, wish I had seen it!

Staying up until midnight to watch it, sorry, lights out at 11:30 for me. I will try to dream of the diesel/hybrid scout Suburban even though I know it wasn't a Sub. it fits my fantasy.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I captured a couple of minutes of the TZero drag race with the Dodge Viper and put it on the web here ...TZero. It is 7.5 MB and takes a little bit to download, based on your connection speed.

The military scout vehicle is pretty amazing too...

4 electric motors at the corners (one in each wheel) means it can sit and spin 360 degrees in place. They also showed the Dodge Ram/Cummins diesel hybrid with an on-board generator (that you can tap for your house or for a constuction site). All cool.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's cool. I wish I could see it. They didn't happen to show the hybrid HMMWV- Humvee that the Marines tested did they?

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Ikendu,
hey, thanks for posting the clip! The car is powered by laptop LiIon batteries, eh?? I wonder how they handle the hazards of charging them? It'd be interesting to get some technical details (it's gotta be on the web somewhere, right?)

Steve K.

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I watched that show yesterday. It was awesome tzero blew Viper V-10 away.