dashboard/antenna light

Avix

Newly Enlightened
a couple of days or so ago someone mentioned leaving one of the flashing LED headlamps on his dashboard to make it easier to find his car in the lot expecialy at night, this got me thinking (danger danger will robinson!), how hard would it be to make something like that attached to a antenna that would respond to a keyless entry fob? or even just run. (be nice for CB antennas too)

I've seen them for cell phones, so it can't be that hard. what say you lot?

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
A,
What you have here are two issues.

A flashing LED for the dash is not a novelty anymore. They are stock for most auto alarms.

As for a 'flashing light' for our CB whip, that was an NE2 neon lamp. One side attached to the whip, the other in free air. When RF current flows across it, there is a voltage drop and the lamp's gas conducts and glows. Yeah it's cute, it's also a dead give away when transmitting. Some police departments will cite you for having improper equipment on your vehicle.

Look up Valor, they market a line of cb radio toys. You can find their stuff at most better truck stops. Last time I looked they market a 'blinkey antenna'.

Much luck
Jack Crow in Iraq

Saaby

Flashaholic
Yeah, 2 of the cars at my house--Volvo 850 and, ahem, Saab 9-5, have blinky dash lights.

It would have to be a BRIGHT LED, these things are hardly noticeable in even the dimmest of parking lots.

Avix

Newly Enlightened
thanks Jack, I'll look into that,

so much for that Idea. thanks for the info Saaby

Latest posts