Where's the cheapest place to get a Dorcy AAA?

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where\'s the cheapest place to get a Dorcy AAA?

I would like to get a couple Dorcy AAA LED's to play around with. Where's the cheapest place to get one? There are no walmarts around here. The only place I've looked so far is Fredy Meyer, and they want $8.99 for the darn thing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Re: Where\'s the cheapest place to get a Dorcy AAA?

How about Target? Do you have those? They aren't as cheap as Walmart, with their $5.94 price, but they are better than the Fredy Meyer place you mention, 'cuz they are $7.99 at Target. Unfortunately, you can only get the silver ones at Target, no gold, red, blue and all.

daloosh

jbrett14

Enlightened

No WalMart??? I thought WalMart was everywhere. Where do you live? Perhaps Kmart will have them. Or maybe the online WalMart store.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

I've seen them at Kmart, but I believe they were the same price as Target-$7.99.

neo_xeno

Newly Enlightened

yep, i got mine at a k-mart, i think it was either 6.99 or 7.99, can't remember which.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Last time I went to the local Walmart, they had a boatload of them for the first time, in silver, red, and gold. I took that as a sign they ramped up production, and would be easy to find from that point on, at their < $6 price.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

OK, Wingerr, the man says he has no Walmart, whaddaya trying to do, make him feel worse?!!?

Unfortunately, Wally world doesn't sell the Dorcys online, either.

daloosh

udaman

Banned

[ QUOTE ]
BatteryCharger said:
I would like to get a couple Dorcy AAA LED's to play around with. Where's the cheapest place to get one? There are no walmarts around here. The only place I've looked so far is Fredy Meyer, and they want $8.99 for the darn thing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And here I though I was cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Your financial analysis is flawed. Mag Solitaire at Home Depot is what $6, more everywhere else. Brinkmann AAA at Walmart, same price range. Dorcy $6 at Walmart, that's $3 less than Fred Meyers(FYI, you can do a Google search, but last time I was up in the Pacific Northwest FM was an upscale supermarket chain). Hmm, so you don't want to drive to the nearest Walmart a few hours away? How much gas/petrol are you willing to spend @ current $2/gal prices?

Splurge a little, buy 2 Dorcy's and play with them...still costs less than a single Arc AAA

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
udaman said:
[ QUOTE ]
BatteryCharger said:

[/ QUOTE ]

And here I though I was cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Your financial analysis is flawed. Mag Solitaire at Home Depot is what $6, more everywhere else. Brinkmann AAA at Walmart, same price range. Dorcy $6 at Walmart, that's $3 less than Fred Meyers(FYI, you can do a Google search, but last time I was up in the Pacific Northwest FM was an upscale supermarket chain). Hmm, so you don't want to drive to the nearest Walmart a few hours away? How much gas/petrol are you willing to spend @ current $2/gal prices?

Splurge a little, buy 2 Dorcy's and play with them...still costs less than a single Arc AAA

[/ QUOTE ]

I work hard for what little money I have. I prefer to spend it as wisely as I can. I'm simply asking where I should buy one, so that I don't have to go driving around looking for it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Aten_Imago

Banned

I paid 5.99 at WallMart - Fairfax VA ( Fair Lakes Shopping Center ) I bet they've gone up since we started all the buz on CPF ( Yes Dorcy's been reading posts). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stockae92

Enlightened

quick, it's time to buy dorcy's stocks, their business is good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i got mine used here in cpf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

I paid 5.94 (or 5.9x) for a Dorcy AAA at Wal-Mart.

As much as I love the ARC AAA, you can't beat 6 bucks for a give away light.

the Dorcy will never replace the ARC AAA on my keychain or my Dog's Collar, however.

stockae92

Enlightened

even your dog owns an Arc AAA? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
BuddTX said:
the Dorcy will never replace the ARC AAA on my keychain or my Dog's Collar, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

your dog owns an ArcAAA?

......I vote for BuddTX as Flashaholic of the Year! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CiTY

Enlightened

I would voolunteer to get them for you at mt local Walmart, but I don't think it's worth the shipping cost...

JJHitt

Enlightened

Speaking of Dorcy being on the ball....

I recently saw a website for promotional items that had a disposable 'Dorcy' LED penlight that you could have your company logo printed on.

It looked like a AAA made out of dayglow green plastic.

Of course, I forgot to bookmark it and cant find it now...

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

You could probably make a deal with someone to send you some. I see them for about $6.00 at the local store. That, plus tax, envelope and postage will probably be the same as your buying them locally. They are very light and small without the battery and several could fit in a single padded envelope.

Daniel

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, it'd probably only be worthwhile if you wanted to get a bunch of them; wouldn't be cost effective for a onesie-twosies buy, since your local price isn't all that much more.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, thanks for the offers guys. After shipping it wouldn't be worth the trouble. I'm going to look at target later tonight. I don't know, I might just end up making a circuit myself, as I plan on gutting the lights. Anybody have a schematic somewhat similar to what's in the Dorcy?

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
BatteryCharger said:
Anybody have a schematic somewhat similar to what's in the Dorcy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not schematics - but someone once asked me for extreme close-ups of the circuit board -

Circuit_cls2_S.jpg
CircuitBck_S.jpg

Disassemble2_S.jpg