OK - maybe THIS is what I am looking for - HELP!

Sproles

Newly Enlightened
Well, if you guys have been watching, I have been asking a TON /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif of questions about LED lights and I have yet another. THIS is what I am looking for in an EDC light to replace my "bulky" E1.

Slim, bright and reasonably priced. I would like to keep it under $75 bucks (target) and want something that is easy to use. I wear a suit everyday and I want something that is small enough not to print.

I have posted a similar question before and I received a lot of responses for the Fire-Fly and the Arc4+, but that is just too high for my budget.

What else would you suggest that would fir my bill?

Thank you for your patience and your help.
id
Dav

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I know that it has already been suggested but for your target price I think the LongBow Micra would serve you well. I dont know if it will print under a suit but I know several people who wear pistols under a suit and they do not print. Of course the pistols are in holsters not in a pocket. An Arc LS would be even smaller. You could post on the BST board that you are wanting to buy an LS and you should be able to find one under your target price. Just remember if you buy a factory second that it has no warranty from Arc. May be able to buy a used factory first LS for under $75 though depending on the condition.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
LifeNRA knows, he got an awesome deal on an LSH-P with twistie here, and you might too! For my part, between the LSH-P and the twistie from JSBurlys, it was $100, which isn't too far out of your range.

With the resistor in the bottom (to give it two levels), it's a sweet, small, brite package. I've carried it in my tuxedo and no one would ever notice. Definitely smaller than an Arc4+, and shorter than the Firefly, but wider O.D. than Firefly.

I've never seen a Longbow, so can't comment, but I'm waiting patiently for the passaround to get to me.

daloosh

Sproles

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone had any experience with the Arc's website and the ordering of the factory seconds? I am not picky and for $50, it is worth the risk (in my opinion) to see what you get. Worth it - especially with a 14 day return policy?

illmatic

Newly Enlightened
The Arc LS is definately a good choice, but if you don't want a factory second, the Longbow Micra would be your best bet. IMHO, the quality of the fit and finish of the flashlight beats Arc...its like SureFire quality. Plus its also modular, so you can parts when necessary. I've carried this in my pockets and it doesn't print when I have slacks on.

Sproles

Newly Enlightened
Where is the best place to get one of the Longbows? Also, I would love to see a size comparison of the 2: Longbow Micra v. Arch-LS.

Aten_Imago

Banned
Re: OK - maybe THIS is what I am looking for - HEL

Sproles
1)We did a review of the Lonbows- please locate the Reviews sub-forum and search for 'Longbow'.
2) Someone shot and posted a size comparison- again, you'll have to run a search under 'Longbow' to find the side by side.Or send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send it to you. One trick I would use (Hot tip #4) is to download the picture from our review > http://www.imagometrics.com/FLReviews/FLR_LB_Mc.htm ...size it to 100% of it's true dimentions and print that. mount the print on thin card and cut it out with sissors. That'l give you an 'in-hand' idea of its size.
3) I get a little uncomfortable when people send out specs in 'general' rather than specific terms. Please specify how you define 'print'. Do you mean print a little or print a lot? In which pocket? Trouser front (main or coin) Inside jacket wallet, outside jacket. which pocket?
4) Based on our research on the CPF the line up of probable candidates looks like this:
- DS Fire~Fly 2 (smallest production 3W/1-CR123)
- DS Fire~Fly 2 (smallest production 3W/1-CR2)
- Longbow Micra W/twistie ( Near your target budget but could well print depending on the location in your suit )
- Arc LSH - (Near your target budget but could well print depending on the location in your suit).
The difference in cost between the Micra & Fire~Fly is about the cost of lunch out for 2 where I live ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sproles said:
Where is the best place to get one of the Longbows? Also, I would love to see a size comparison of the 2: Longbow Micra v. Arch-LS.

[/ QUOTE ]

illmatic

Newly Enlightened

While Aten's review is very detailed, the pics of the Longbow in it feature the clicky tail attachment that will add about half an inch more compared to the twisty. The Micra with twisty fully tightened is 3.2 inches which is very close to the Arc LS with the Kroll clicky. As to where to get a Longbow, Bulldog Enterprises and Bugoutgear are the only distributors in the US for now.

kenny

Newly Enlightened

I say get a big one -- put it in your front pocket -- Is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just happy to see me etc. etc.