Emitter tab broke in ill pill, OK to put a dab

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
Of Solder on it to make the small connection? The tab is on the anode side and only a small sliver of the tab is attached to the emitter so it's a very small contact area.
(hope I'm describing it right) That's what I get for trying to put it in a beat up messed up Old ragged black mini m*g that my BIL found. Just give me the ten bucks to get a new one. argh again.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problems with the little tab of solder. Just dont burn the black plastic housing (too much) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do it all of the time. Just don't use too much. You don't want anything grounding out.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did exactly the same thing on my lux 3 mod... unlucky for me... cathode side... the normal connection was completely gone... but as luck would have it... the little tab that is used to identify anode and cathode is apparently a direct short with the same side, saved the day... my hint: solder a finer wire than you will use... stranded 28ga for example, about 3/4 to 1 inch... wrap that around the emitter for stress relief for the new tiny solder joint.