Vibra-LED (EDI-T) Yet Another Shakelight

JJHitt

Enlightened
Just got my VibraLED from Glow-Bug. (That seems to be Glowbug's name for it, as "VibraLED doesn't appear on the body or the PRC manufacturer's website).

First impression: if this isn't licensed by the people who make the NightStar flashlights, it's a very good knock-off. Body is very thick polycarbonate and it has a very solid feel to it. It uses magnets and not springs at the ends of the tube.

In look and feel it's a shortened (8-inch) version of the NightStar II. Even down to the lanyard hole in the tail and the glow-in-the-dark switch.

It has a funnel like reflector around it's single 5mm LED that actually seems to do some good. While not very bright for a flashlight it's size, it is brighter (at first) than my ARC AAA. The beam does have rings, producing an effect sort of like the background shown at the begining of the Looney Toons features. (Wish I could photograph it.)

The package claims it will stay lit for 1 to 2 hours with a full charge of 90 seconds of shakeing. (This remains to be seen.)

Overall: I'm resonably impressed. At the sale price of 20 bucks it was a good buy. I am a little disappointed that it is such a blatant copy of the NightStar, but they seem to have copied the quality as well as the general appearance.