AAA UV Stolen. Wanted. Exhausted retail options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoLightly

Newly Enlightened
I must have ordered the last one available but it was stolen from my porch after the mail carrier left it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I can't find another one for sale and would prefer sticking with the same manufacturer before I go elsewhere.

Used is OK.

I have an extra and new AAA LE for trade if that helps.

GoLightly

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
14C said:
I'd like to find one too....anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee whiz, thanks for the help. May I suggest you move to the back of the line? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

robstarr-lite

Newly Enlightened
can someone explain the differences between the early versions and the later versions, which is better, led wavelenght, output....occassionaly ebay has the earlier version [ black ] and since it has the 10 year warranty would peter offer an upgrade on this [ or should it be upgraded, meaning is the earier version better?)

anyone know what the UV LED part number / vendor was - rob

Delta_FHInX

Newly Enlightened
I just got an ARC UV in a trade and the ARC UV has less throw and more sidespill than my Photon 3 UV.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
robstarr-lite said:
anyone know what the UV LED part number / vendor was - rob

[/ QUOTE ]
The older UV Arc used a Nichia NSHU550E, a UV LED in a metal can case that output approximately 1.0mW at 370nm.
The newer UV Arc uses what I believe is a Cree LED, 5mm, clear epoxy case, outputting no less than 10mW at 400-405nm.
That much I know anyway.

I do not have an older style UV Arc with the 370nm LED, and the two newer style UV Arcs I have are "seconds", and should not be compared with any other UV or NUV sources for that reason.

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: AAA UV Stolen. Wanted. Exhausted retail option

It might be possible to mod a non-UV Arc AAA with a UV led. That probably means replacing the whole circuit board (since they are potted), but AAA boards are available.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
What am I doing with my new X5 UV and county comm pocket uv light? I'm trying to figure out how it works...I've been shining 'stuff' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif thats meant to be glowing but isn't! Maybe I need goggles or something...

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Among the obvious forensic uses, try shining it onto a credit card or a $20 bill. Even some cash register receipt tape has UV-reactive flecks in it to discourage counterfieting.

JM-99

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received this today from Lumitron, I asked them about a month ago regarding the AAA:

Dear Pablo,

We are pleased to inform you that we have now in stock the Arc AAA
Ultra-bright White LED Flashlight.

If you would like to place an order please go to:

lumitroncorp.com/shop

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Kind regards.

Gil Chassie
Lumitron Corporation

Pablo

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
polak187 said:
WHat do you guys do with your UV lights?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Look for scorpions (they glow under UV).

2) Inspect for leaks in air conditioning/refrigeration lines.

3) Check bathroom areas for, um, "cleanliness." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4) Collect and identify fluorescent rocks & minerals.

5) Check currency and credit cards for authenticity.

6) Inspect checks, money orders and other documents for signs of tampering.

7) Various criminology uses.

8) Special effects lighting.

9) Impressing friends with all of the above. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fluorescent

Enlightened
Lumitron = sold out...

I use my UV lights for finding fluorescent glass... I collect fluorescent marbles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kier

Newly Enlightened

Wow, sold out already? I just bought one like, 6 hours ago. Actually bought 2, but who's counting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

unclearty

Enlightened

Have you considered a Dorcy AAA..and replacing the LED with a UV LED? I have one..works great!...and cheap!

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Dorcy seems, well....how to put this?
The Dorcy seems cheap to me. My favorite AAA light of all time is ARC. If for some reason I wanted a AAA UV light, I would want an ARC, even if I had to scour the world for a used one.

davide

Newly Enlightened
GoLightly, I'll trade a arc aaa uv (v3.1) for your arc aaa le if it's white, in new condition and turns on with each try. The arc aaa uv is like new and works for lots of things but not for the fungi that I wanted it for. I bought it from revolvergeek a while ago (thanks again revolvergeek!) So PM me GoLightly if you are interested in the trade .
Also, thanks to all of you on cpf for the information that you provide; it is much appreciated
Thanks.
david

Status
Not open for further replies.