Hmm thinking of going with a G2Z not M3

KDOG

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking of getting the M3, then the C3. But I was thinking I could just get a G2Z and the optional lamp assembly for 120 lumens. With the huge savings (especially over the M3) I could buy azz-loads of batteries....Think about it. The M3 uses 3 batts for 125 lumen for 60 min, while the G2Z uses 2 batts for 120 lumen for 20 mins. Almost a wash in of itself, but like I said, the savings difference make up for the additional battery usage... Yup I think thats what I'm going to do. As soon as a credit card fiasco with Meridian Tactical gets handled ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif ), I will take care of business, for real this time....

machulu

Newly Enlightened
The M3 is my favorite Surefire and probably my favorite light period. It's not the most practical light I own hence it really doesn't see much use but there's just something about it that I like. Even if the M3 is a little on the expensive side, I don't think you will regret getting it. It's certainly worth saving up for.

~Stephen

Topper

Flashaholic*
KDOG you sound like your just going to buy one light and be happy the rest of your life! Good luck! It always starts with just one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KDOG

Newly Enlightened
Jon, boy you are really pushing the rechargeable thing aren't you. I have and am thinking about it. So tell me Jon what would be my runtime be if I used the Pila 150s' with the high output lamp? And how much do 2 set of batteries and a charger cost? The thing is I already have the spares carrier for it, so I can stick regular CR123As in it... But I'm open to suggestions!!

KDOG

Newly Enlightened
Topper, I already have a 6P, I just want M3 output power without the $$$$....

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi KDOG you can buy the A19 to add 1 battery to your 6P to have a 9P of sorts. 2 150s Pila's would run it with the lamps for the C3 the P90 & P91

TonyBPD

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Topper said:
KDOG you sound like your just going to buy one light and be happy the rest of your life! Good luck! It always starts with just one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My "one" light was gonna be the G2Z but that plan went a bit crazy.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The G2Z is a really useful flashlight. I think it's the best standard body two SF123A flashlight. Better even than the M2 and L5.

SureFire%20G2Z-OD%20G2Z-BK%20&%20E2e-Alpha%2064.jpg

SureFire%20Nitrolons%20with%20Clickies%201%2064.jpg

bald1

Enlightened
Al,

I still haven't broken the code as to what fits on what and owning just a G2 and G2Z, your second picture really tweaks my interest. Would you be kind enough to identify what parts (tailpieces, etc.) you have mated to the G2s and G2Zs pictured?

Thanks!

--Bob

Size15's

Flashaholic
G2-BK with Z49 Clickie (BK) Shroud in place
G2Z-BK
G2-Yl with Z48 Clickie (HA) Shroud removed
G2-YL
G2-OD with Z48 Clickie (HA) Shroud in place
G2Z-OD with SW02 Clickie (HA) Shroud removed

Notice the G2Z+SW02 I have does not have a TailCap Lanyard Ring because the SW02 does not function with a lanyard ring in place.

Al

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just love it when Al posts his mix n match photos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I really like the G2Z. I don't like clips and that Nitrolon is as tough as a muleskinner's rump.

Britt

KDOG

Newly Enlightened
Topper, nah, I don't want to have a hodgepodge/*******ized light. I like 'em stock.

Topper

Flashaholic*
HA HA I admire a guy that sticks too his guns or lights
I LEGO Lights all the time. My favorite remains the M4 with 2 A19's running 3 Pila 168s. Best of luck.

Size15's

Flashaholic
One of the great things about SureFire is the choice.
The mix & match options get more complicated for the WeaponLights though. The options for the G2Z are a walk in the park!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
HA HA TONYBPB, I took mine off the first day I got it. I have not tried to reinstall that might be harder. I use mine on the M4/2 A19's w/3 168s Pila's I love it "deshrouded"

StuU

Enlightened
Love my G2Z.

Light, tough, reliable switch, great beam, pyrex glass, multiple grips, lanyard, indestructible.