Operation Enlightenment Shopping Spree!!!

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Attention Fellow Flashaholics:

Lets have some fun!

I have deposited $100 with The Battery Station to be used as a prize for a fundraising raffle. Tickets are $5.00 each. The winner gets to spend $100 on anything they want that is listed on the Battery Station Website, including anything from the Candle Power Forums members only specials page. There is a BUNCH of neat stuff for sale there - and Kevin has offered free domestic shipping for the winner!!

To participate; simply click on the red "Support CPF" button located near the top left of the CPF homepage.
Pay To: [email protected]
be sure to specify Operation Enlightenment Shopping Spree and your USERNAME in the subject!

All proceeds will be divided evenly between our beloved CPF
(to help with the considerable expense of keeping this wonderful forum online)
and
Operation Enlightenment II For those who are not familiar with Operation Enlightenment (and don't want to read through the entire thread), It all started when a member of the USAF 64th Expeditionary Reconnaissance Squadron joined CPF to ask some questions about quality flashlights. Once CPF found out that these guys were being issued WWII era portable lighting equipment, we decided to "help out" a bit.
Actually we "adopted" the entire squadron. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

769596.jpg

The membership of CPF got a bit carried away, and sent over literally dozens of assorted flashlights,
and batteries, and containers of coffee... we had a great time. When the stuff finally arrived in Iraq,
the Predator group had a bit of a photon party.

149507.jpg

That "great Flashlight Party" occurred several months ago, and most of the fine folks in the photo have already rotated home - or to other locations in Iraq. Operation Enlightenment continues as a small hardcore band of flashaholics continues to send the best lights we get our hands on - to the newbies who are rotating into the adopted squadron. This costs money - hence this fundraiser raffle.

Regarding "The Prize"
CPF has hosted a number of Auctions and Raffels - with some pretty neat prizes. This is the first raffle in which you get to CHOSE YOU OWN PRIZE.

SOME OF the items you can chose from are:

340498.jpg

952310.jpg

12148.jpg

1009.jpg

944046.gif

815065.jpg

497192.jpg

606624.jpg

Our very own (well kept) Serving Wench will be selecting the winner sometime after
Sunday May 23, 8:00p.m. CPF board time.

Lets have some fun:
Even if you cannot afford to buy a ticket, please post what YOU would buy if you won.
Example:
"I would buy one Pelican M6 incan AND one Pelican M6 LED AND a whole handful of batteries."

*** By the way: The Battery Station has much more than "just" batteries. They also have MANY flashlights by Pelican, Tek, Gerber, etc. Pelican storage cases. So if you are currently all stocked up on batteries, you can enter to win your choice of FLASHLIGHTS! ***

Let the fun begin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
<font color="red">THANK YOU, KEN!!!</font>
happy14.gif

<font color="red">Guys, please be sure to specify <u>Operation Enlightenment Shopping Spree</u> and your <u>USERNAME</u> in the subject line of your paypal donation!!! I will acknowledge each donation with a reply to the paypal email address indicating the number of "tickets" purchased and your username. As Ken stated, I have to work all day today and tomorrow so I will not be able to send out acknowledgements until I get home. Please be patient with me.

I will have a numbered list that I will be adding your names to... thus assigning each "ticket" you purchase a number. I have a roll of numbered raffle tickets that will coincide with the numbered list. At the close of the raffle, all of the raffle tickets will be thrown in a bucket and one will be drawn. The name that corresponds with the number on the raffle ticket will be the winner... but let's face it, we ALL win with this one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck guys! And have FUN!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif </font>

PS09

Enlightened
I take two tickets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
PayPal sent.

Ciao, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Pietro.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Terrific idea, Stainless! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Paypal sent for 4 tickets.

Britt

Greta

Flashaholic
Ok... I've replied to all of the donations I've received so far. If you haven't received an email confirmation, please let me know!

Keep 'em comin' guys! This is a very worthy cause!!
happy14.gif

TheFire

Enlightened
These things are really a great way to support CPF since they don't require a large outlay all at once and encourage everyone (even those that can't donate much) to donate a little bit. PP sent for 1 ticket!

batterystation

Enlightened
I would like to throw in a 20 pack of our CR123A batteries on top of this deal. The $100 deal was so generously put up by someone else so I thought I would just sweeten it a bit. So you get $100 shopping spree, free freight, and a 20 pack of batteries.
Both of the parties receiving the funds from this raffle are most worthy causes. Thanks to all participating!!!

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Thanks for your generosity Kevin! Win or win (no losing here for anyone), I'm glad we're all contributing to two terrific funds that can really use the donations.

daloosh

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question:
What do you get for the flashaholic who has everything?

Answer: A box to put it in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

at only $39, that leaves enough prize money to also get... come on fellas - help me out with the math. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif