Who likes expensive cars?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my dream car is a corvette i love the new body style but id love to have a restored 69 vett stingray .

Saaby

Flashaholic
The question is who doesn't like expensive cars?

As for me, I have a greater respect for mass production (or even limited production) cars than super rare-hand built ones.

A+ Cars: Saabs, Mercedes Benz S600, etc. Well engineered, well thought out cars.

I also, however, have a deep respect for cars like the Ford Taurus. Why? A super car like a Ferrari can have lots of very very complex parts that take a long time to hand-assemble, where a Ford Taurus has to have the ability to be reproduced several hundred thousand times a year, by people with little or no training, and then said car must run for 100,000+ miles with minimum trouble.

Ferraris are cool, but from an engineering standpoint I'll take the Taurus, Civic, Camry, 9-5, Malibu, Caravan, 325, S80, (Insert favorite mass production vehicle here) any day.

rycen

Enlightened
Hey Ryan,
have a look at the Taurus SHO.It has a little bit of the Ferrari speed and all the bills!

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
Hi,
Been having this daydream of buying a used Vett when I get back.

Most likely it will have between 100 and 125K on it and need some work. I see them on Ebay for around 5k. Would prefer a five speed, power windows, Cruise, T Tops, and A/C. Red White or Black. Don't want green, blue, or gold.

I can drop in a fairly good sound system and some ham radio stuff. Perhaps a little gun safe in the back. Also a kick butt alarm system.

At my age (43)it should last a few years. Think Im past the point of proving machismo with a acceleration. I don't have to 'get on it' to have a good time.

Been thinking of a licence plate for it.
"GAUSS"
Why that?

Most Vets are ticket magnets, "Gauss" is the name for the unit of magnetic energy.

Also been thinking of a used police pack Caprice. Same engine and auto trans the Vett uses in a much cheaper to service package. Also beefed up breaks, handeling package.

How did Elwood Blues discribe the new Blues mobile to Jake?

It would be the same as an SS w/o the price.

The mind is in awful shape, perhaps I will take it out and let it oxidize.

Have fun
Jack Crow in Iraq

Darell

Flashaholic
My favorite "expensive" car is the only one I've ever purchased new that has increased in value every minute I own it.

MSRP: $42,000
My price: $30,000
Today's going price (two years old, driven daily): $55,000

What is this crazy car? A Toyota Rav4. A Rav4EV, that is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif So I guess there is the ONE advantage to there being no production EVs to purchase today.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Your favorite expensive car is the one you could only lease, just admit it. Then again, maybe we shouldn't hijack this thread like old days. Err..how 'bot them Arc AAAs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

naromtap

Enlightened
The car I would love to own is the Audi S8!! I've only had the pleasure of driving an Audi A8 Quattro Sports which was replaced by the S8 - what a car!! Understated, plenty of room, 4 wheel drive & very fast for it's size, err, hold on, it's probably tiny compared to the gas guzzling cars in the U.S - Do you have the S8 over there?

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I were buy an expensive "car" then it would mean I had a lot of money. Therefore my dream "car" would be the biggest pickup truck available with a contractor bed (all the little doors on the sides for storage) so I could park in front of the tool store and load up one of everything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

naromtap

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:
WE have.....the A8

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they look similar, the A8 is a boring version of the S8, at a glance the only visual difference would be that the S8 has silver wing mirrors, not colour coded like the A8. Like I say understated!

M

MeridianTactical

I'd LOVE an M5!!! Nice daily driver with tons of Power!!!

Once you own a MB, BMW or something along those lines it hard to like "regular cars".

Fit, finish, ride quality, quietness of the interior etc.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ya what sabby start paying twice as much to get stuff fixed. kiding ya guy.but i prefare american .and if all else fails japianeese

Stickles01

Newly Enlightened
Personally I would like to own the Shelby Cobra GT500, or Eleanor from 'Gone In 60 Seconds'. That car was nice looking, easy to work on, and I'm sure TONS of fun to drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

I'd just have to make yearly trips to the Bonneville Salt Flats to have fun with her. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ford GT Baby!!!!

ph_gt_popup_9.jpg

ph_gt_popup_4.jpg

Latest posts